Forum Discussion

Mk_2790
New Spectator
2 years ago

Would you like some utilities stuff?

• Services meter (electricity, gas, water)
  • Internet routers
  • Propane tanks
  • Fuse/breaker box
  • Air conditioner units
  • Water heaters/boilers
    Jooleeyuh
    New Adventurer
    I didn't even have to look to see who posted this thread. :)
  • I guess this is my answer. The only one of those items I would want to be functional is the air conditioner unit (if it worked the way the heaters work in Snowy Escape). The rest I'd love to have as decor for visual detail and ambiance, but I don't want them breaking or needing any attention and interfering with what I'm doing in the game. That would just annoy me.
    Haneul33
    Seasoned Adventurer
    I'm okay with what we have in Eco Lifestyle. The pack (or base game?) already measures power/water and allows for generators. I don't mind the heating/cooling system that we already have either. I don't want to complicate it more with Internet charges.
  • I guess that would be neat. Not exactly my cup of tea, but more gameplay is always a plus. I'd probably want it to be something we can disable at any time though. It would be ideal if they're part of a base game update or a refresh for a pack like Eco Lifestyle, Seasons, or City Living.
  • Not so keen on services meters, but I like the idea that my internet might go down or have limits that restrict what my Sims can do, that I might be able to more finely control what's available for heating and cooling (one-room window airconditioners, working radiators that aren't CC). More things that need repair when they go down can be hit-or-miss depending on how frequently it happens, though.
    DelilahsRose
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I think if they incorporated more in-depth careers/career options and paths-this would come in handy! & be a great idea!
  • That just sounds like more stuff that takes up room for stuff I'll actually use.
  • I totally hope I'm not the only one!! I would LOVE to see a couple spiral style stair cases added and or a way curve the pre-existing in more ways than just the boring 90' angle. Maybe even carpeted stair options.
    Mk_2790
    New Spectator
    "Flikka_Flikka;c-18310922" wrote:
    I didn't even have to look to see who posted this thread. :)

Until we got utilities I won't stop
    MsMay25
    Seasoned Novice
    It would be cool not only we need utilities stuff, but adding a new Plumbing service or active Plumbing Career (maybe Plumbing Freelance career) feature in the sims 4. I would like sims to be able to begun a Plumbers to go by helping sims fixing any broken utilities stuff in their homes for making money.