Forum Discussion

StuStuie
New Novice
14 hours ago

How CAS can Improve in 2025

I love Create a Sim but as the years have past it has become clear there are more limitations than I'd like so here’s my list of 31 improvements I think CAS needs to shine.

Separate age and laugh lines under skin detail into their specific categories like brow, cheek, eye, and mouth detail. Allow bangs and fringes to be added separately to any hairstyle. Introduce the spray paint and colour wheel feature from pets to hairstyles, letting us add highlights or custom designs as we wish. Create a separate category for hair accessories like beads, hair clips, and headbands, independent of the hat category. Introduce hair textures to change existing hairstyles to match any hair type, be it straight, curly, coiled, etc. Add a stubble category under facial hair, allowing both stubble and full beards to be layered together. Enable the simultaneous use of medical devices and earrings. Freckles, Moles, and Birthmarks. Expand the availability of natural skin marks such as birthmarks and freckles. Allow them to be layered with makeup and tattoos and to be more customizable in size, placement and colour. Add scarves as their own accessory category. Allow click-and-drag functionality to position accessories like eyewear, piercings, and necklaces exactly where we want them. As much as I love having eyelashes in makeup, please make them invisible in first-person mode. Thanks! Let us adjust hue, opacity, saturation, and brightness for tattoos, body scars, and skin details, similar to makeup options. Allow tattoos, scars, and skin details to be dragged and repositioned anywhere on the body. More Diverse Face and Body Sliders. This would include options for adjusting muscle tone, arm length, hip width, or more nuanced facial features like nose width, jaw depth, and cheekbones. Asymmetrical Customization. Adding the ability to make facial and body features asymmetrical (such as having one eyebrow higher than the other or different-sized eyes) would greatly enhance the uniqueness of Sim's creation. Add prosthetics. Create a new optional "undershirts" category for items like tank tops, sports bras, corsets, and skin-tight tees, worn under any other clothing. Introduce a "jackets" category for layering over tops, full-body outfits, and undershirts, with items like jackets, aprons, overalls, and robes. Separate overalls from tops, allowing them to be paired with any shirt or undershirt. Make aprons wearable over any outfit. Create a "belts" category, allowing them to be worn over or under any clothing. Add a "bags" category for accessories like backpacks and purses that can be added to any outfit. Include a filter to separate base game content from custom content (CC). Add a toggle to easily switch between custom CAS backgrounds, including those in the mods folder, without having to manually add or remove them. Organize CC within CAS by letting us sort and save content into folders, making it easier to locate items during gameplay. Update Sim voices with more nuanced accents to better represent diverse cultures and backgrounds. Move traits like vegetarian and lactose intolerant into a "lifestyles" category, freeing up trait slots. Allow us to save styled looks that can then be easily shared within the community. Add a toggle to control whether Sims stand still, move, or strike poses while being dressed. Enable custom heights for Sims. Add in-game ability to flag broken or wanted CC so we can easily identify it and remove it from our mods folder. 

While some of these features may already exist in mods, I believe it's crucial they get officially patched in, making them accessible to all players, including those on consoles. When The Future Is Plumbob Green blog post was released, I wasn’t too upset about there being no Sims 5 on the horizon. The Sims 4 is an amazing game, and with the wealth of expansion, game, stuff packs, and kits we've collected over the years, it truly feels like there’s endless content. Stripping that down to a new base game would honestly feel like a step backward. CAS has evolved a lot since its launch in 2014, and I hope this list serves as feedback for even more positive changes. If I missed something or you have other ideas, let me know!

• It would be amazing to patch in most of this for vanilla players and cc players. These are great ideas that should already be in the game. ♥