Forum Discussion

katv801
Newcomer
5 hours ago

My ideas for new expansion packs.

Dear sims, i see what you are doing for others with expansion pack ideas, please grant my wishes.

Many of these are commonly asked for and not new ideas, so I'm sure they have at least been discussed. Regardless I will ask once again. 

Here are my ideas:

Sims 4 Animal Adventure 

• New world like safari/outback theme type theme, with elements of Aboriginal or African culture. Can have a sky scraper downtown section, perhaps another smaller suburb section, and then an outback/ safari section comparable to snowy escape where you can go on adventures and unlock new lots/ see new areas 
  • Exotic animal career: can have two diff paths. One like the marine biologist in island paradise, and the other one like an exotic pet vet/care taker 
  • New lot could be animal sanctuary lot? Could have enclosures for exotic animals but allow them to roam free, so similar to a zoo but with more freedom. Could have skills animal husbandry or something. Also can unlock habitat items and animals in careers.
  • Most importantly, new animals and pets! Can have household exotic pets like bunnies, snakes, turtles, etc. but also more non playable animals for the safari like tigers, lions, hippo, crocodile, etc.

Sims 4 Rock and Roll

• 70s & hippie themed packed. If not just 70s could be multiple decades, perhaps called something like “playing through decades”
  • BANDS! Sims playing together 
  • New instruments like bass, electric guitar, drums 
  • More options for custom song writing (could choose a genre, mood, instruments played, write a description). Sims could send it to a radio station and have it get played to get famous 
  • Also, more options for kids/teens at school so they can join choir/orchestra or also start a band.
  • Subculture feature: similar to club system, you can design for own sub culture. The diff between this and clubs is that the sims assign themselves a subculture/are born into it rather than pick the sims within the club. This way many sims can be within a culture/ it’s less limiting. There can be open and closed subcultures and sims can appeal to join closed subcultures. If sims have traits that don’t align with the subculture they are in, they can get a “poser” trait or outlet. Also, holidays can be specific to a subculture, so you can have religions without sims explicitly saying that. Same with lot traits. As far as new traits, they’re can be “traditional/ mainstream or free spirited/alternative”. Traditional sims get along better with other traditional sims and are weary of free spirited sims. They are prone to doing traits/ activities within their subculture and can get a negative moodlet if they stray too much. Free spirited sims are the opposite, they are friendly and open to all subcultures and like to learn about other Simss but are weary of traditional sims. They may get a negative moodlet if they repeat too many of the same activities or don’t explore beyond their subcultures..
  • New lot: recording studio. Idk if this already exists but if it does it could use a revamp. If not then radio station, concert venue, etc for lots 
  • New world. One idea is New York with a downtown neighborhood like Times Square, a neighborhood like Brooklyn with townhomes, and a Hamptons inspired neighborhood for rich and famous. Or revamp: expansion of the LA world with a playable beach and more beachfront lots, nicer city area/downtown. 

Sims 4 Fairytale. 

• New world. Could go a lot of routes on where it’s based on. Maybe Ireland? Can have an enchanted forest where fairies and other occults live, an island bluff area, and a cute downtown village.
  • there could be some sort of explorer career, where sims have to go on adventures to discover town lore. Like a fairy tail expert one. There could also be a historian career.
  • If sims get advanced enough in fairy tale or writer career, they can either discover new fairy tale worlds or create their own. The worlds can have certain features of the world to adjust like climate patterns, festivals, and common culture/traits in the town. There could be a selection of world styles to select and players can expand upon that (like an island world, mountain world, forest world, city world, etc). I would love for the sims to have large customizable worlds but this probably isn’t realistic, so these could be smaller worlds or have multiple worlds to unlock. 
  • Of course, fairies! With skills like the other occults. 
  • Could include royalty system with rulers and all that.

Sims 4 Arctic Explorer

• This could be An Alaska or Norway type world. similar to snowy escape in that 3 neighbors, one with a more busy but still quaint downtown near the ocean, a traditional more wooded area with cabins, and alpine type mountains/ forests to explore.
  • Expansion of outdoor retreat. Certainly have cabins and cabin, but more outdoor features. Actual bears, deer, wildlife. Hiking as a skill like climbing.
  • Fishing boats and canoes! That would be so fun. 
  • What I’m begging for and wish would’ve been in the sulani world but could instead be included here is active diving like in the sims 3. It was so much fun. You could explore ship wrecks, search for treasure, look for animals, etc. 
  • pack could feature components of Inuit culture. 
  • Discoverable locations 
  • House boats! Again like the Sims 3
  • This pack could come with hotels. But sims can still live in the world
  • Really what I’m describing is just the sims 3 isla paradiso but since there is already a tropical island world have it be a northern ocean theme
  • I know there are already mermaids so I doubt they’ll do this but could have sirens that have actual skills and abilities like the other occults. Or also include mermaids in this pack but revamp them.

Please sims answer my prayers!!! What ideas do you guys have?

• I like every single one of these about a thousand times better than the "Death" pack coming out soon.