Forum Discussion

kagracea
Newcomer
9 hours ago

2 weeks since Reaper Rewards have actually worked

The reaper rewards event hasn't worked for 2 weeks now and I have no idea how to fix it. I was following other help threads online hoping to fix it myself but recently the ones I was following said they were fixed with the newest patch and that isn't the case for me. Its really annoying because I was logging on frequently to do the event but it stopped working ever since the ambrosia newsletter glitch and now I know I'm just gonna be missing out on all that time sensitive content with no way to actually earn it in time. The event pops up but I have no quest objectives. I tried to look them up online and complete them anyway, but it doesn't register any changes to the reaper event 

It started when I sped up the delivery of the ambrosia newsletter. I got an announcement as if my sim had picked it up ( which either was done autonomously and then also autonomously dropped before I could ever find it OR never actually happened ). The mail person was stuck in an endless loop of waving at the mailbox and all the reward objectives disappeared from the UI. Ive tried making new saves since then and even deleting the OG save to no avail

About my game

-I play on PC through the EA app

-I have MC Command Center and UI cheats installed at the moment but this happened before I had installed those so I know its not them. 

-I've tried launching the game without mods installed, repairing the game, a clean uninstall and reinstall of the entire game and nothing has worked

-My game is fully updated including the ''reaper reward patch'', which did not work either

I have these packs : 

Expansions : all expansions except Lovestruck 

Stuff/ Game Packs : werewolves, wedding stories, vampires, realm of magic, strangerville, tiny living, spooky stuff, romantic garden, paranormal, outdoor retreat, nifty knitting, my first pet, luxury party, laundry day, jungle adventure, home chef hustle, dream home decorator, bowling night, backyard stuff & crystal creations

Kits : grunge revival, simtimates, greenhouse haven, first fits, everyday clutter, fashion street, country kitchen, castle estate & blooming rooms

Been trying to fix this for days and am honestly just really frustrated at this event since its timed and doesn't seem to even be working for most people ( at least according to what I've seen online. ) Hopefully they'll make this content accessible for those who have been trying to participate but have been unable due to all the glitches. Honestly I was very excited for this event and all the troubleshooting / glitches has made me not even want to play the Sims 4 right now