Forum Discussion

Stormyweather43
Seasoned Novice
9 days ago

Can't switch between sims

I unfortunately had to patch the game about 3 weeks ago as I got the license expired playing offline bug.  So I patched and everything was going fine.  Then after about a week of playing my long term family, I realized that I could not switch between sims or when I clicked to switch it would only do so if I saved.  Then coming back in it would let me switch but only for a little bit.  I do have mods only mcc, better build buy, ui cheats extension and autonomous pets and I made sure I updated my mods.  I found I could not play my main family which I do have more than 8 people in it, but I regularly play large families with no issues and had no issues playing offline before patching.  I thought maybe the family got corrupted.  For a while not long, I was able to exit game after saving and going back in would fix it for a bit, but every time I did it the time became shorter that I could play without it happening again.  

I started a new family, and it worked for about a day then the issue started again.  So I repaired game, deleted local thumbcache file, and removed mods, but still happened after a while of playing. I tried to play my long term big family afterwards and same problem came up.  So I decided to start with a new sims 4 folder yesterday.   I made a new family, added back in my tray, my saves, and mods folder and played all day yesterday no switching issues.  This morning I played the family I played yesterday and after 2 and a half hours it happened.  I exited and went back in and after 10 mins it happened again.  I can't keep starting new families playing for a day or so and then have the issue happen again.  

Please help.  Thank you.  

About The Sims 4 Gameplay Questions & Issues

Get help and answers to your gameplay questions and issues in The Sims 4.

749 PostsLatest Activity: 24 minutes ago