Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
4 years ago

A Very Basic Question, If You Please

I have learned that if I have my Sims move, keeping their furnishings, that it includes their planted crops, too. What I need to know, is does that also include trophies and Awards? I have been putting off playing my Cantrell family and it dawned on me what is behind my procrastination. I'm not bored with the family at all, so much as I have become bored of their house. Yes, I have finally remodeled the beejeebies out of it, it feels cluttered to me and I need a change. My Ancestral family has kept me occupied until yesterday afternoon when I realized I needed to build a new house for Erik. You see my Ancestors moved around a lot. So, I barely get used to one lot, when it's time to move them to their next residence. Yes, I build these, too. But Erik has only lived in five different dwellings since he was a teen. In his parents home, then Wyvern Hall, Grayson Castle Keep and then Grayson, proper, and finally the home he had 'built' for his family. The one I have seriously remuddled. LOL (Good thing I've got the original in My Library.)

But, I just had my placeholder Sim (Build Template) do a walk through of the now mostly finished modern castle home, Finnegan. All-in-all, I'm pretty satisfied with how it came out. Beats me why I needed to add a third floor, the plans don't call for, just to be able to put a roof in place, but oh, well. I guess I can put in a ladder to access the Attic, at some point. :open_mouth: So much wasted space. I did build this place using plans from Designer DreamHomes the house designed by Frank Betz Associates, Inc. I made a few alterations along the way, since we can't do everything in build mode Carpenters and Architects can get away with in RL.

But my big, BIG question is, do I have to repurchased all of Erik's awards, or will they come with him? Please, and thank you, in advance!

~GalacticGal
    zoerickard
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I could be wrong, aka could be outdated information, but I am now in the habit of, like I would in RL, scouring walls and shelves for all personal items before moving my sims houses.

I haven't had much luck moving plants, so I just make sure I always keep one copy of the best quality of each plant in a chest somewhere -- good for if moving, or if accidentally eat that last perfect apple!
  • Yes, you easily keep everything if you move the whole household and click "keep furnishings."
    It's if you are splitting up the household that it gets more complicated.
  • "Zorga;c-17776866" wrote:
    I could be wrong, aka could be outdated information, but I am now in the habit of, like I would in RL, scouring walls and shelves for all personal items before moving my sims houses.

I haven't had much luck moving plants, so I just make sure I always keep one copy of the best quality of each plant in a chest somewhere -- good for if moving, or if accidentally eat that last perfect apple!

Wow, I've never had any trouble moving the planted crops. Basic landscaping is another story. I do have a LilmsSams mod but it won't allow me to move everything Erik has. I could purchase the ones he can't take with him, but still, it's a pain. Why can't we after all of this time, (ah-hem, EA), move personal items such as trophies into their own inventories? I don't get this at all. He can't drag them anywhere, either.

"mightysprite;c-17776870" wrote:
    Yes, you easily keep everything if you move the whole household and click "keep furnishings."
    It's if you are splitting up the household that it gets more complicated.

Okay, great that's exactly what I was asking! THANKS. And if they don't like their new haunts, I can always replace it with the one they're in now. See, how fickle I can be. LOL

• I went back into the lot they're leaving and wrote down what kind of award/trophies he had. Ten in all, and what kind, what color, etc. They made the move and I am happy to report all is intact. Yay! Thank you, ALL, for your sage words and for helping me out with this. Erik worked just too darn hard for his recognition. :)

These screenshots were taken before he earned the last two.

Spoiler

https://i.imgur.com/SegOlTo.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/BUML5Xn.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/cM3zQvU.jpg

Thanks again. Simmers are the BEST.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,090 PostsLatest Activity: 7 minutes ago