Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Advancing Pregnancy

Is there a cheat available to speed up pregnancy?
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "NZsimm3r;14974582" wrote:
    Yes
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/parenting/babies.php

"Speed up Pregnancy Cheat
    You cannot directly use a cheat to get pregnant, but you can cheat to get it over with faster. This works only when a Sim is pregnant, otherwise it makes them go through the labor without producing a baby. Type testingcheats on, followed by Sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_inlabor. This works when males are pregnant with alien babies, as well."

Thank you!

I always play on long and pregnancy lasts a little bit too long :smile: nice to be able to adjust it myself.
  • I play on Long, and age up babies/toddlers, et al when I'm ready. I like to wait until the toddlers are either completely skilled up, or nearly so before I morph them into child stage. But, in order to have enough time with my Sims I play on LONG.
  • "GalacticGal;c-15935337" wrote:
    I play on Long, and age up babies/toddlers, et al when I'm ready. I like to wait until the toddlers are either completely skilled up, or nearly so before I morph them into child stage. But, in order to have enough time with my Sims I play on LONG.

Same with me. :)
  • I Installed the sims get to work. But if i get a baby it will disappear.
    What should i do?????!!!!
  • "Simmer90;c-16191630" wrote:
    I Installed the sims get to work. But if i get a baby it will disappear.
    What should i do?????!!!!

@Simmer90 What do you mean by this? Is your sim giving birth at the hospital and the baby disappears? If so, then, send your sims back home, and your baby should be there! :)
  • "SilentKitty;c-14975908" wrote:
    Yes

You cannot directly use a cheat to get pregnant, but you can cheat to get it over with faster. This works only when a Sim is pregnant, otherwise it makes them go through the labor without producing a baby. Type testingcheats on, followed by Sims.add_buff buff_pregnancy_inlabor. This works when males are pregnant with alien babies, as well."

Thank you!

I always play on long and pregnancy lasts a little bit too long :smile: nice to be able to adjust it myself.

Ah, no, pregnancy lasts for three days on Long just as it does for other lengths of the game. Unless three days seems long to you. ;)
    Goth583
    New Traveler
    "GalacticGal;c-16191987" wrote:
    "SilentKitty;c-14975908" wrote:
    Yes

Thank you!

Ah, no, pregnancy lasts for three days on Long just as it does for other lengths of the game. Unless three days seems long to you. ;)

Its 9 days in my game, but I have a mod where I can make it what I want, lol! I think 3 is too short when you play on long (which I do).
  • I use MCC too, it's way better, but sometimes I don't want to know the gender of the baby (or who's the father, muhehe), so I usually wait :D