Forum Discussion

SuperSillySim
Seasoned Novice
2 years ago

Afraid of Fire?!

Both of my sims have been afraid of fire for awhile now and it is getting annoying cause they cant lite a fireplace.....
How long before they arent scared anymore?
  • You have to get over the Fear completing Fear bubbles. These appear in the pointy bubble on the right.

So for Fear of Fire you will have to wait for a bubble related to that Fear, and then complete the action listed. I believe you have to extinguish a fire, but it doesn't count unless you have the bubble.

Make sure you read the instructions in the Fear bubbles properly because you might miss a detail like having to be in a specific mood or doing 2 specific actions in a row.
  • "mightysprite;c-18190957" wrote:
    This is what it looks like
    https://www.ggrecon.com/media/akdfoywd/sims4-wants.jpg?mode=crop&width=682&quality=80

The boldface at the bottom is the action that will remove the fear.

ahhhh gotcha, i have yet to see anything like that show up yet for either of my Sims. I hope they do soon, winter is approaching and they will need fire places to keep warm!
  • "EmmaVane;c-18190538" wrote:
    You have to get over the Fear completing Fear bubbles. These appear in the pointy bubble on the right.

So for Fear of Fire you will have to wait for a bubble related to that Fear, and then complete the action listed. I believe you have to extinguish a fire, but it doesn't count unless you have the bubble.

Make sure you read the instructions in the Fear bubbles properly because you might miss a detail like having to be in a specific mood or doing 2 specific actions in a row.

I dont see anything like that ... where exactly am I looking?
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "SuperSillySim;c-18190881" wrote:
    "EmmaVane;c-18190538" wrote:
    You have to get over the Fear completing Fear bubbles. These appear in the pointy bubble on the right.

I dont see anything like that ... where exactly am I looking?

This is the new replaced wants and fears system that replaces whims. You'll see wants appearing on the sim's portrait (the one that shows the current emotion). There are usually 2 to 3 wants, which appear above the sim.

Now the fears are a new system which gives sims a special fear trait after certain situations. To overcome it, you'll either need to drink a potion from the rewards store or conquer it. To conquer a fear, take a look at the same place where wants appear. Sometimes, a fourth "want" appears to the right in a spiked bubble. This is the way to conquer the fear and it gives 100 satisfaction points. Sometimes your sim needs a good sleep or to go to work/school to refresh their wants, which may also refresh the fear conquer. So, if you see no spiked bubble to the right of the sim's portrait, try getting them some good night sleep and maybe then it'll come.

Of course you can also collect satisfaction points to buy the Fear-be-Gone potion. 400 should do it if I remember.
    Though it removes one fear, so use it wisely.
  • This is what it looks like
    https://www.ggrecon.com/media/akdfoywd/sims4-wants.jpg?mode=crop&width=682&quality=80

• "SuperSillySim;c-18190958" wrote:
    "mightysprite;c-18190957" wrote:
    This is what it looks like

ahhhh gotcha, i have yet to see anything like that show up yet for either of my Sims. I hope they do soon, winter is approaching and they will need fire places to keep warm!

Make sure you have Wants turned on in Gameplay Options, if you don't already. They wont show up if you don't have them turned on.