Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Aging a sim up faster?

Is there anyway to "Age up" a Sim that you want at the next life stage? In this instance a child to a teenager.
  • "Aywren;12625326" wrote:
    I've just made a cake, put candles on it, and had the sim blow them out to age up. Tested and worked for me. Just have to be careful not to accidentally do this (such as trying to celebrate a missed birthday). My sims always get so sad when I miss their birthday. :(

I've had 4 or 5 sims miss their birthday and get the Sad moodlet. It's so frustrating to have to throw them a party just to avoid that. :( Or will providing a cake alone solve the problem?
  • You can have you sim make a cake and there is an option to put candles on it, then have the sim you want aged up blow oout the candles.

You could aslo try typing in ctrl shift c, and typing in "testingcheats true" and shift click the sim and see if there is an option to age up like there was in sims 3
  • "Mariefoxprice83;12629736" wrote:
    "Aywren;12625326" wrote:
    I've just made a cake, put candles on it, and had the sim blow them out to age up. Tested and worked for me. Just have to be careful not to accidentally do this (such as trying to celebrate a missed birthday). My sims always get so sad when I miss their birthday. :(

I've had 4 or 5 sims miss their birthday and get the Sad moodlet. It's so frustrating to have to throw them a party just to avoid that. :( Or will providing a cake alone solve the problem?

all you have to do is make a cake and throw some candles on it
    have them age up that way and they won't be sad -- you dont need to go all out with a party
  • "Lightests;12629775" wrote:
    "Mariefoxprice83;12629736" wrote:
    "Aywren;12625326" wrote:

all you have to do is make a cake and throw some candles on it
    have them age up that way and they won't be sad -- you dont need to go all out with a party

Cool, thanks/. That will be really handy!
  • > @Willow said:
    > Is there any way to "Age up" a Sim that you want at the next life stage? In this instance a child to a teenager.

You can just make a cake and put some B-day candles and blow the candles