Forum Discussion

Bouquetcatcher
New Spectator
9 years ago

Answers for Dine Out "Food Never Served" issues - fix for Shimuzu (and others)

Issue: Food never gets served to customers.
1) Cause #1: In the EA lot Shimuzu, there is a shelf above the lefthand chef station which prevents that station from serving food, therefore your sim (or your customers) may sit forever not getting served. EA replaced this lot on 6/10 with an fixed version. This is often the case in player-made venues as well; make sure nothing is blocking the chef station, even above the shelf on the wall. EA's fixed lot has the shelf moved higher, which appears to work fine. See ShadyLady_DQ's post on page 2 with pictures.
2) Missing applianaces: this may need playing with on your own lot, but it appears that certain recipes in the game were not programmed into the chef station - base game meals, specialty coffee from the espresso maker, certain ice cream from the ice cream maker, microwave meals, popcorn. You need the stuff/game packs these came with (obviously, or you won't even have those recipes as menu choices) and these items need to be in your restaurant for the food to be served. It can be on your menu but won't get served if the objects are not present. I have not played with these yet myself, but many simmers are confirming that their presence is required.

My original post:
This bug has been reported a few times here and there, but not much. Possibly because, if I'm right, it's a specific table in a specific restaurant. *edit - thank you @ShadyLady_DQ ! The issue is a shelf blocking a chef station in Shimuzu* Now, I have not tried every single table in every Maxis restaurant (there are 9 - 6 that are automatically in your library and 3 more from the trailers that are in the Gallery). I posted this in the EA bug thread http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Dine-Out-Food-Never-Comes/m-p/5386770/highlight/false#M25204:

So I was using the Japanese restaurant by Maxis - Shimuzu, not one of the ones automatically in your library, but in the Gallery (it's in the trailer). My sims, too, would sit for HOURS (I think the longest I waited was 8 sim hours) and never get served. A few other patrons did get served at first, but then the waiters just stood at the chef stations waiting for food, while the tickets piled up, and I never saw the chefs put a single tray up after that. I was not playing with mods on. But, to be safe, I removed my mods folder completely and tried again. Same thing. So I repaired game, then "reset" by renaming my folder and letting the game create a new one, started a new game and tried again. Different restaurant (one of the diners by Maxis found in your library) and everything worked fine. So I took this same couple to the Japanese place, sat in the same seat from my other game - same thing! No food! Had my guy go to another table and order, he got food. So I'm not sure if it's just that one seat (it was on the outdoor patio, the middle of the three 2-seat tables) or something else in that particular restaurant. While I am very glad to know I found the "bug" it's too bad that something's not right with this "premade" restaurant. I actually really like the Japanese place. When I have more time I may go into build mode and see what I can see, but since I'm so new to this type of venue I'm not sure I'll be able to see what the issue is. I mean, they requested the table and ordered food just fine, no problems. They could get a waiter to compliment or insult a chef. But they just never got food.

Anyway, try a different restaurant. It's too bad that if EA has flaws in their own builds it will taint players' first impressions! Kudos to EA! They have uploaded a fixed version of Shimuzu.