Forum Discussion

Simmerville
Seasoned Ace
2 years ago

Any Kimono expert out there?

I'm having fun playing my new pack Snowy Escape, and like I always do I spend tons of time setting the local history and culture etc. In my universe this world is part of an Empire with a different culture, and I try to make locals avoid items and outfits that crash too much.

About kimonos there are quite a few versions available. I did some research, leaning that red and purple is to be used only by the higher classes, and that bright colors in general are used by younger, while elders obviously stick to less colors. So, in general I assume that a poor elder will basically wear grey or low-key colors, and a successful young adult will wear brighter colors and more patterns.

But there are a few elements on the outfits that I assume have some symbolism, either referring to rank or married or not. Some have a tuft hanging from a thin rope from neck. There are different belts and other hanging stuff that might indicate something. I love to get it all right, and I think it would be quite embarrassing having a sim wearing totally wrong kimono.

I don't care about seasons etc, because playing on rotation it would mean adjusting these outfits all the time. I'm more referring of their class, and perhaps age.

Even if you are no expert but know one detail, please post :)