Forum Discussion

AaronRulz78
New Spectator
5 years ago

asking for loan

I know there is an option to ask a friend for a loan but is there any timeline or requirement to pay it back? I have never tried that interaction before. I was curious. My new sim family needs a little cash and a loan option would be great but I want there to be a demand to pay it back and not be forgotten about (still can't believe there are no banking options in the game yet). I didn't want to do a direct cheat.
  • I saved up 5000 aspiration points and bought a 'Money Tree' seedling. As a spellcaster I then just used 'copypaste' and voila...no more asking for loans! If only real life was this awesome!! :D
  • thanks all. I found a mod that lets you take out a loan and it requires sims to make payments on it. It's pretty cool. Thanks! So now my sim family is $10,000 in debt. haha!
  • Only time I ask for a loan is with my sims who aren't of good moral character. So I definitely won't rush to pay it back. Have yet to see any tangible consequences.
    If you don't have the patience for the Money Tree, there's also the Wishing Well(Romantic Garden Stuff), but that does come with quite the risk.

If you as a player have a certain questionable set of morals(and have Seasons), I recommend setting up a holiday that includes the arrival of gnomes. When they appear, you can go into buy mode and sell them. They do net you some decent cash.
  • I sometimes find that the loans from individual sims aren't enough for big projects. But if it's for a food stand meal and a couple new build mode items, it's ?