Forum Discussion

Stina1701A
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

Babies born before update...

The babies or infants that are born before the update, do they not update into the new infant stage?

I just went into a saved game I haven't played since december and there is a family with twins who are still babies (the old style, object babies) and they haven't turned into infants. Is there something I have to do or should I just age them into toddlers?
    Stina1701A
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Well. Actually I did take a better look and the infants do look different. The faces I mean. They aren't as 'doll like' like before and the bassinet designates the kids as newborn so that is new too. Or maybe I didn't notice that before? I also have new commands available in the bassinets' pie menu but neither kids have their own profile. That is, they are unchoosable like before. When I click on their profile picture nothing happens. I can age them up manually though.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    The object babies are now called newborns. The new infant is a new life stage not replacing newborns, thus aging newborns up will get you the infants.

The object baby life stage stays, just now they represent moments after being born and returning from the hospital.
    Stina1701A
    Seasoned Newcomer
    OH! Thank you! Ohmygod they are adorable!!!!

And they need a loan from the bank because they are going to need sooo much stuff!!!!!