Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Baby Weight?!

My female sim has had two successful pregnancies and now has two children (eldest is a teen, youngest child)

I made her body shape very slim, but have noticed (more particularly after her second child) that she gained a LOT of weight. Could this be baby weight? She has her cooking skill up to Level 8 so can make a wide variety of meals.. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it. I only have her eat when she's actually hungry.

Any tips on how to get her back into shape again? She has been jogging but seems to get really uncomfortable and wants to stop after a while.
  • "MsPhy;12633614" wrote:
    Punching bag sounds like muscle tone. Just a guess.

I've heard that garden salads and salad caprise is good for weight loss, and don't let them eat until they are in the yellow or red. Also heard, but cannot verify, that feeding infants too much makes chubby children. (If you don't feed them enough, you get a social worker warning; happened to me by accident, thought he'd cry if hungry).

Thanks!
  • > @emilzydiva said:
    > It's a big glitch, a glitch that makes like every single one of your sims really fat

This is exactly the same in real life! I'm not fat I'm just glitched!!!
  • I've noticed myself that sims can gain weight during pregnancy, but it's much more common when they give birth to more than one child, or have children in adulthood rather than young adulthood. For example, I've had young adult and adult sims have more children, but when one of my sims already had previous children from young adulthood and got pregnant and had another baby in adulthood, she had gained almost as much weight after that third child than both of the previous children's baby weight combined. Though I think all sims gain baby weight to an extent after pregnancy, it's much less common in young adulthood and first births.
  • "PansWoo;c-12633700" wrote:
    > @emilzydiva said:
    > It's a big glitch, a glitch that makes like every single one of your sims really fat

This is exactly the same in real life! I'm not fat I'm just glitched!!!

Love it :)

So, some people have reported a glitch causing extreme weight gain. There is a reported bug.
    But, the fact that sims gain weight who don't exercise and/or eat when they aren't hungry is not a glitch, that's by design. If you are experiencing weight gain even if you are having your sims exercise several times a week and refraining from eating when hunger is in the green, you might add yourself to the bug report. I don't have the link handy but it should be easy to find on Answers HQ.

• > @mightysprite said:
    > Love it :)
    >
    > So, some people have reported a glitch causing extreme weight gain. There is a reported bug.
    > But, the fact that sims gain weight who don't exercise and/or eat when they aren't hungry is not a glitch, that's by design. If you are experiencing weight gain even if you are having your sims exercise several times a week and refraining from eating when hunger is in the green, you might add yourself to the bug report. I don't have the link handy but it should be easy to find on Answers HQ.

I'm sure they've figured that out in the 7 years since that comment was posted.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,081 PostsLatest Activity: 12 days ago