Forum Discussion

mightyspritesims
New Hotshot
20 days ago

Bars now sell sporting goods and musical instruments!

In case you wanted to play at the open mic but forgot your violin?

In case you needed to practice your field goal technique in between someone's martini glasses?

I have questions.

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace

Interesting...

I checked the tuning files. It's a new base game interaction. It can be done to bartenders currently working.

With Lovestruck, it also includes Romantic Blanket, party game, and the Costume Box.

I also found that you can purchase wedding cakes from sims who have maxed out their Gourmet Cooking skill. That requires My Wedding Stories though.

Sketch793
    Seasoned Adventurer

Well, that's an interesting discovery. It appears to be a function of the bartenders, rather than the bars. I wonder how long it's been around and whether there are any other NPCs that have it.

The available items include The Royal We Microphone, for 250, in addition to the items shown in the picture above.

• That's too bad. 

The new team has so much work to do. 🤔

I hope it's an easy base game fix. 🙂

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

Does this require a specific pack? I always click on the bar, rarely on the bartender so I never noticed. 

Sketch793
      Seasoned Adventurer

You need Discover University for the soccer ball and High School Years for the football. The other four items are base game.  I don't know whether the interaction itself is base game or comes from a pack. 

atreya33
        Seasoned Veteran

I assumed the soccer ball and football were tied to a pack. I believe the keyboard is as well, it comes with city living. But the guitar and violin are Base game. 

• Ah, so that's what that option "Buy social goods" does... I noticed it yesterday when I sent two of my Sims to a bar for a date but was too busy to make them enjoy themselves and get them drinks to try that option. Good to know, thanks for sharing :D