Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Bedtime story routing

Hey, y'all. Neither of my Sim parents are willing to read their toddler daughters a bedtime story. The girls will go to sleep on their own, but the parents seem to be having trouble finding a way to sit down and read to them. They just complain that they can't get there. Attached is a screenshot of the room. Is there something I'm missing that's preventing them from sitting?

https://i.imgur.com/IZVOrjm.jpg
  • When I'm having this problem, sometimes if you pick up the toddler and then queue the interaction to read them to bed it will work when it wasn't before. Doesn't always help though.
  • Maybe if you tried directing them to ''go here'' to some spot in the room and then when they are in the room you could try the story interaction?
  • I had this problem and found that if I make room on either side of the bed, the parent will put the toddler into bed on one side, and then walk around and sit on the other side of the bed to read the story. So I've figured that for some bizarre reason both sides of the bed need to be clear for the whole interaction to work. I used to put the beds against the wall like you have and sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't, but leaving room either side does seem to have fixed the problem (even though its annoying because I like having the beds against the wall).
  • "asimbsim;c-16744536" wrote:
    I had this problem and found that if I make room on either side of the bed, the parent will put the toddler into bed on one side, and then walk around and sit on the other side of the bed to read the story. So I've figured that for some bizarre reason both sides of the bed need to be clear for the whole interaction to work. I used to put the beds against the wall like you have and sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't, but leaving room either side does seem to have fixed the problem (even though its annoying because I like having the beds against the wall).

Yup, that's my experience.
    Makes me nuts because as a kid, I'd never have been able to sleep with my bed in the middle of the room. Granted, I was a particularly anxiety-prone kid, but fear of the dark and open spaces in the dark isn't exactly unusual.
  • The toddler bed bug has been a bug in the game since at least the release of Cats/Dogs. Since I'm pretty sure they won't be looking into a fix for it anytime soon, the workaround to place the bed a bit further from the side of the wall will allow both storytime and bed-tucking to work.
  • "asimbsim;c-16744536" wrote:
    I had this problem and found that if I make room on either side of the bed, the parent will put the toddler into bed on one side, and then walk around and sit on the other side of the bed to read the story. So I've figured that for some bizarre reason both sides of the bed need to be clear for the whole interaction to work. I used to put the beds against the wall like you have and sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldn't, but leaving room either side does seem to have fixed the problem (even though its annoying because I like having the beds against the wall).

Yes, it makes room design a bit more challenging. I've found that any beds against the wall tend to get the bug in which the Sim gets into the bed and then jumps right out. It's almost as if they get in bed and discover someone is already sleeping there (well yes, Mr Sim, you are already sleeping there). So, all my beds are placed with at least a space on either side.
  • I can't be sure but I think every sim parent in my game always read books from the left side of the toddler bed. Even if both sides are available and the right is closer.
    Maybe try that ?

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,027 PostsLatest Activity: 10 seconds ago