Forum Discussion

aodoherty
New Spectator
9 years ago

Birth Certificate is missing

Hello, my parent sims have 3 sons but yesterday, they got another baby and it was female! For the other sons, the mommy sim got an birth delivery at the hospital with her husband. ( I have GTW) But this time, I didn't want to visit the hospital. I just let them go themselves as the sims 4 base game way. After that, I got a beautiful daughter. I've been waiting for a daughter but there was no birth certificate. Is that normal? Should I let her visit the hospital to get the birth certificate? All the other 3 sons have their own one.
  • "Jeansoo;14679747" wrote:
    I got one from buy debug cheat. :D

Good idea! Glad it worked out. Yeah, I think it's just a GTW thing.
  • "jessathemessa;14679736" wrote:
    You only get a birth certificate from the hospital if the baby is born there.

Ahh..is that an item from GTW? Thank you. :) I feel sad because I already saved my game. :(
  • Oh, I didn't know you could do that. So glad you got a certificate, after all. I've only had a Sim give birth at the hospital just to see what it's like. Hated it. Never sent one again. Too much like a C-section in my mind. Grizzly, much.
  • "GalacticGal;14679755" wrote:
    Too much like a C-section in my mind. Grizzly, much.
    Yes That's what I felt like! I really don't like to get a baby like that.

• Having had 2 c-sections IRL I agree it was a bit traumatic. It's not really like that at all thank goodness.
  • Instead of using debug cheat to get one you could just make a tiny room and add one of the certificates to that room, upload it to your library and then download it again. Then you can have as many as you want (although it won't say her name on it).
  • "Andiratyme;c-14680891" wrote:
    Having had 2 c-sections IRL I agree it was a bit traumatic. It's not really like that at all thank goodness.

My grown daughter has had five C-Sections. The last two I held my breath and prayed like mad. I think that's also why the animation in the game troubled me.
  • "Cry_baby_simmer2;c-16659287" wrote:
    "Jeansoo;c-14679747" wrote:
    I got one from buy debug cheat. :D

How?

Hi it was 'buy debug' cheat when I got this from buy mode but looks like the cheat has been changed to 'bb.showhiddenobjects', then click the chair icon on left in menu, then choose packs->get to work on right side, then you will find it. I tested this just now and found it.:)