Forum Discussion

meeshwood
New Hotshot
2 years ago

Bring back the stuff packs

We really need stuff packs back. There are themes that need to be explored that are too large for kits and too small for gamepacks.
For example
An infant stuff pack with expanded ways to reach milestones and strollers, plus more cas
An elders stuff pack with expanded elders cas and activities, retirement communities, gameplay specific to elders
Pool stuff
    ChadSims2
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Loved stuff packs they were a great way to get unique items and game play that did not fit into an expansion theme. Now we just get kits with a few outfits or small number of objects that hardly even covers the theme they are attempting never worth what they are asking for I can get better cc.
  • This may be morbid but I would like a Graveyard stuffpack or a Reaper SP. Something that officially adds graveyards back into the game, a rabbit hole mausoleum like from TS3, and to add in a grim reaper career, like suggested from that 2020 poll. Right now I have a cc lot trait to make a graveyard, but it's not the same.
  • I have a feeling that stuff packs were phased out because EA messed up its own categorization scheme for the packs. There was no longer a distinction between stuff packs and gameplay packs. That's probably why there was only a single gameplay kit and then never again.
    SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot
    Unfortunately, that is so true. When the last Stuff Pack Paranormal came out, it was actually a Gameplay Pack.
    And when Dream Interior Decorating Gameplay Pack came out, it was actually a Stuff Pack.
    I've always suspected that the game developing teams for Gameplay Packs & Stuff Packs got redirected to each other jobs.
    Also, when the Wedding Gameplay Pack was released it wasn't any game developer teams.
    I feel so sorry for all those people & hope that they get treated better.
  • I agree with so many here. Decisions around development have gone downhill in recent years. I remember when I owned EVERY single add-on, and would pre-order new releases without question. But with kits, the “wow” factor and value just isn’t there. I own maybe 3 kits :( But if they still released stuff packs, I bet I would own every single one!
  • "SERVERFRA;c-18271813" wrote:
    Unfortunately, that is so true. When the last Stuff Pack Paranormal came out, it was actually a Gameplay Pack.
    And when Dream Interior Decorating Gameplay Pack came out, it was actually a Stuff Pack.
    I've always suspected that the game developing teams for Gameplay Packs & Stuff Packs got redirected to each other jobs.
    Also, when the Wedding Gameplay Pack was released it wasn't any game developer teams.
    I feel so sorry for all those people & hope that they get treated better.

Do you have a source for this or is it just an educated guess?
  • "kw4222;c-18271878" wrote:
    I agree with so many here. Decisions around development have gone downhill in recent years. I remember when I owned EVERY single add-on, and would pre-order new releases without question. But with kits, the “wow” factor and value just isn’t there. I own maybe 3 kits :( But if they still released stuff packs, I bet I would own every single one!

Same here
  • It would make sense to me that they would make a stuff pack for the infant life stage since we had one for the toddler life stage. I'm wondering with all the cars hints if cars could come in a stuff pack ?. They are also hinting at fairies which will likely be a GP. Horses have been hinted at which could be GP or EP. Where do cars fit in?
    amapola76
    Seasoned Scout
    "Aliyaaii;c-18287837" wrote:
    > @Oldeseadogge said:
    > With you all. When I could get in, was constantly using stuff pack stuff to flesh out my builds with those handy extras the bigger packs ignored. On the TS2 side, Mansion & Garden Stuff is essential for anyone wanting to do Second Empire Victorian.

Hi guys
    I completely agree with you! Stuff packs are often underrated but they can provide some fantastic additions to enhance our builds. I particularly love how the Mansion & Garden Stuff pack in The Sims 2 adds that essential touch of elegance, making it perfect for creating stunning Second Empire Victorian homes.

That was one of my all-time faves.