Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Building requests

I kinda wish we could put walls on the half tile marks. I wouldn't even need to have them drawn in the half tile, just have something I could drag that far.

Also, I wish we could put railings on just one side of stairs, or choose where they go.
  • I'd like one sided stair rails too! I'd also like "auto roofs" back. I hate doing the roofs!
  • Picking where my railing could go, picking to match the landing of the stairs to my flooring, Auto roofs (for when you're not in the mood), ladders, more full-set windows (single tile, middle single tile, two tile, middle two tile, three tile, middle three tile, all heights) with MATCHING DOORS ALL HEIGHTS!!, more ground paint, ability to connect two different levels of foundation together, picking indoor or outdoor lighting per room regardless of completed room/roofing, more house details outside like shutters, pipes/drains, hanger plants, etc.
  • Being able to move windows and doors in half-tile increments. It's so frustrating when you want a door centered in the front or back of your house, only to have to add one more tile to the width of the house itself because you can't move the door in half-tile increments and the only door that properly fits your vision has a weird coverage footprint for its mesh-- 2-tile footprints on 1-tile doors, 3-tile footprints on 2-tile doors...that gets on my LAST NERVE!!! Also, I wish they'd stop making 2-tile doors that look like they should be 1-tile, and 3-tile doors that look like they should be 2-tile. It's a real pain for a perfectionist like me.

Addendum, Feb. 5: I was so worked up about the windows and doors that I almost forgot this one. Let us FINALLY add colors and textures to the ceilings! It's coming up on 6 years now and we're still stuck with those bland, ugly white ceilings for every build. Even TS2 had paintable ceilings sooner than this...
    OldeSimsFan
    Seasoned Rookie
    All of the above. Plus: the ability to place the stair railing in any position, left, right, or center when stairs are wide enough for that to make sense (TS2 has this), spirial stairs (again asking), proper Mansard roof sections, water tool, the terrain tools we do have work in a more intuitive manner (TS2 does this right as well), fireplaces that generate their own real chimneys, a better selection of carpets, more accurate classification of wall tiles - a painted or wallpaper one with wood trim on top and/or the bottom is NOT a paneled wall.
  • I like custom content because they usually have two versions of everything. EA only has one.
  • "fullspiral;c-17391701" wrote:
    I'd like one sided stair rails too! I'd also like "auto roofs" back. I hate doing the roofs!

Me too, roofs are the worst.