Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Bust the dust: why can't we use brooms instead of vacuums?

It bothers me that we can only use vacuums to clean the floor. I think vacuums should just be more effective but there should be an option to just use a broom. I have certain households that I don't think a vacuum fit in. Like sims living in more run down houses.

If they don't add this then I hope we will at least get a mod that makes this possible.
  • "Calico45;c-17933414" wrote:
    I'd like this, too, but I think they just decided not to model and animate one for the kit. That is what they would have had to have done, right? Add a broom to the kit so it was a part of that whole system. They seem to have weighed the option, too, since the vacuum is off the grid upgradeable. I doubt it just slipped everyone's mind that a broom could have been the cheapest option.

Yes, but they could at least include a basegame mop as an option, we have animations for that. Mop is not ideal for dust, but it's something... I use a mod, but I wish it was included in the kit.
  • "kaiwrysims;c-17933532" wrote:
    "somewhsome;c-17933428" wrote:
    "Calico45;c-17933414" wrote:
    I'd like this, too, but I think they just decided not to model and animate one for the kit. That is what they would have had to have done, right? Add a broom to the kit so it was a part of that whole system. They seem to have weighed the option, too, since the vacuum is off the grid upgradeable. I doubt it just slipped everyone's mind that a broom could have been the cheapest option.

Yes, but they could at least include a basegame mop as an option, we have animations for that. Mop is not ideal for dust, but it's something... I use a mod, but I wish it was included in the kit.

What mod do you use?

Mop The Dust from here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/44290829
    There's also a broom override for all mop actions, but I haven't tried it.
    https://xbrilliantsims.tumblr.com/post/644675027580616704/broom-instead-of-mop-an-override-by
  • I'd like this, too, but I think they just decided not to model and animate one for the kit. That is what they would have had to have done, right? Add a broom to the kit so it was a part of that whole system. They seem to have weighed the option, too, since the vacuum is off the grid upgradeable. I doubt it just slipped everyone's mind that a broom could have been the cheapest option.
  • "somewhsome;c-17933428" wrote:
    "Calico45;c-17933414" wrote:

What mod do you use?

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 2 minutes ago