Forum Discussion

DeepPurpIe
Seasoned Rookie
2 years ago

Can you transfer outfits?

Pretty sure you can't but thought I would ask in case there was some hidden feature I wasn't aware of. I just made a great outfit in the wrong section for my sim. I made a formal outfit I want in party. Is there a way to transfer it over? I don’t want to have to keep checking back and forth to recreate it.

While I'm on the subject, wouldn't it be great if we could pin a few key pieces we always want to see in a sims "wardrobe"? Like their favourite jeans (or rather our favourite jeans for them)? Or even better, we could pin 5 pieces that work together and your sim just randomizes outfits based on those? Anyway. Pipe dream
  • "DeadFishy;c-18229084" wrote:
    "crocobaura;c-18228952" wrote:
    "mightysprite;c-18228936" wrote:
    @crocobaura how do you "save it in the category you want it to be" ?

I tested in game and it's not possible, it stays the same only within the same category. But if you don't want to recreate it just have your sim wear that outfit when they party. Most of my sims have the maximum number of outfits in each category, so they just cycle through them, sometimes it's the same pants and shoes with different tops, or a dress with the same shoes. I have started to experiment with Trendi outfits but without preview and the funny names it gets tiresome.

You're saying they randomize outfits?

Yes, they do change to different outfits when they change clothes, if they have several. Not sure what the pattern is, think maybe after they have a shower, so depending on how you set up the outfits, it looks like they change everything, or maybe just the top.
  • I think if you remove the filters, the previous outfit will just stay put on the sim and then you can save it in the category you want it to be.
  • "mightysprite;c-18228936" wrote:

I tested in game and it's not possible, it stays the same only within the same category. But if you don't want to recreate it just have your sim wear that outfit when they party. Most of my sims have the maximum number of outfits in each category, so they just cycle through them, sometimes it's the same pants and shoes with different tops, or a dress with the same shoes. I have started to experiment with Trendi outfits but without preview and the funny names it gets tiresome.
    DeepPurpIe
    Seasoned Rookie
    "crocobaura;c-18228952" wrote:
    "mightysprite;c-18228936" wrote:

You're saying they randomize outfits?
    DeepPurpIe
    Seasoned Rookie
    "LeGardePourpre;c-18229095" wrote:
    That's what the game does, use randomly the 5 outfits.

Yea I think it's outfit by outfit but not the individual pieces alone

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,103 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago