Forum Discussion

6 years ago

CAS relationships are so lackluster

I have been aware of this, like many others, since the very beginning but sometimes I forget about it. Then other times, like today, it prevents me from creating the families I want in CAS and makes me very angry.

The fact the we still have so very few options for creating CAS relationships is shocking. I don't really know why nothing has been done in this regard yet. This needed to be patched in years ago but somehow we are still waiting for it.

I wanted to create this lovely big multigenerational family in CAS and then I realised I couldn't because:
https://i.imgur.com/CbWMJ61.jpg
This lovely lady is not allowed to have a great-granddaughter nor a daughter-in-law. They both appear as "roommates" and I find it outrageous.

Maybe it hasn't been implemented yet because not enough people are vocal about it? If that's the case, I think I am going to start to be very vocal about it from today on.
Please devs, add more relationships to CAS, it makes no sense that it is still so extremely basic.

• I just noticed this yesterday. I have been playing with a family for awhile, father, mother and they had a daughter and a son. I then took that daughter on and made her get married and they had a daughter. In her relationship panel, it clearly states that her mother's brother is her Uncle, but yet she can have a romantic relationship with him? Why is this a thing? I have posted this in other threads today because it angers me. I miss the family tree and it seems like something the sims should not be without.
  • "catloverplayer;c-17034927" wrote:
    If we had a boy/girlfriend option in CAS we could upload unmarried couples to the gallery.

This isnt possible now as they lose their relationship

I'd love that!