Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Cats and Dogs Breeding Help!

Hello,
I was wondering if people knew the chances of a Dog or Cat getting pregnant. I have two dogs that I created that I want to breed and have puppies, but it took around 5 or 6 times before the breeding actually got the female dog pregnant. I tried this same thing on two cats and after only two tries the cat got pregnant. I want to know why it took longer for the dogs than the cats. Do the cats have a higher chance than the dogs? Please let me know. Thank you!
    Wyrren
    New Spectator
    Sounds about right. Cats have a 70% chance of getting pregnant, but dogs only have 33%.

The mod has already been made to change these odds to whatever you want. ;) Link: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=603391
  • Sounds realistic enough. Cats get pregnant way more frequently than dogs IRL. (I used to work at an animal shelter.)
  • "CheesySimsLover;c-16227125" wrote:
    Sounds realistic enough. Cats get pregnant way more frequently than dogs IRL. (I used to work at an animal shelter.)

This is such a strange detail that this pack added.
  • It may have been a coincidence and not an actual detail in the game. Did you actually witness the dogs breeding? Much like the Sims themselves, the dogs have to be acquainted before they breed. If the don't like each other well enough, one will usually growl at the other and they won't even try to breed. You cats may have just been been friends than your dogs.
  • "mintycupcake;c-16228647" wrote:
    Did you actually witness the dogs breeding? Much like the Sims themselves, the dogs have to be acquainted before they breed. If the don't like each other well enough, one will usually growl at the other and they won't even try to breed. You cats may have just been been friends than your dogs.

I think the dogs were pretty good friends. Ever since they were puppies I noticed that they were nuzzling each other quite a few times in puppy years and in adult years. The cats had barely spent any time with each other and yet they still bred quicker.
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    "Wyrren;c-16226407" wrote:
    Sounds about right. Cats have a 70% chance of getting pregnant, but dogs only have 33%.

The mod has already been made to change these odds to whatever you want. ;) Link: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=603391

So that's why it took so many tries to get the female dog pregnant. Let me think: It may have taken about 20 tries, but before the last try I moved the household to another house in Windenburg because I thought the location was a problem.
    Now I know.
  • "Wyrren;c-16226407" wrote:

Thank you! I will keep this in mind next time I breed them.
  • I had a Tibetan Mastiff mate with a pitbull, whenever i asked my Tibetan Mastiff (Bear) to mate with the pitbull (pumpkin) , it'd say Breed instead of mate. so i changed Pumpkin's breed the same as Bears' and it worked! Pumpkin was successfully pregnant. so thing is , that maybe mating with other pets only work with the pet's breed
  • Good to know, thanks! Does anyone know the chances for a sim to get pregnant? I have a feeling it's become a bit harder than it used to be.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,079 PostsLatest Activity: 21 hours ago