Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Celebrity Tile Missing

Can someone please help me with the celebrity tile! I thought my sim had the tile in her inventory but now it's missing. It's not in the household inventory. I want to complete her aspiration but I can't because of the tile and I would like to have the tile in sunset boulevard for generations to come. I tried buying a tile from the debug mode but you can't add an inscription on that one. Her husband has his tile so I know its not my mods impacting this. Does anyone know how I can get a tile with her name on it?
  • "GalacticGal;c-17357770" wrote:
    "JesseJay;c-17356972" wrote:
    Thank-you both. I think I will need to use the cheat to complete her aspiration but very disappointed because she is one of my legacy sims and not having her tile going forward will be upsetting.

I can't really go to an older save because I'm not even sure when she put it down. Actually I remember I did put it down a while back because I had another sim get her tile and put she put her's down and my sim's tile was still there and now both are gone! There weren't any other tiles there and now they have the one's the game made for Dirk Dreamer and some others. So basically the game overwrote my own sim's tiles :( stop updating EA lol but really this plum.

Have you tried to look for one through debug? Get into build mode and open the cheat window: testingcheats true, hit enter then enter bb.showhiddenobjects, hit enter. See if you can find it in buy mode.

I just thought I'd give a quick mention to the fact that I did a repair game and my Sim's Celebrity points became available! @JesseJay Do a repair game and see if your Sims' tile shows up in their inventory.

I did the debug and you can buy a generic tile but you can't inscribe it. Repairing the game always takes sooo long since I have so many packs and expansions. Thank-you! I'm thinking of just making another character with the same name and cheating her way to the top and putting her tile down and then deleting her. Lol.
  • "DevilNDisguise;c-17361282" wrote:
    I know this is a few days old, and I've never done this before so I wouldn't know if it'd work. But perhaps try cheating her fame down and then cheating it back up again, and maybe she will receive another tile?

Just a thought.

Thank-you for the advice. I actually tried that and unfortunately it didn't work. I'm thinking maybe if I started over from no fame level it might work but I'm not sure...
  • I'm not sure how the tile is missing, maybe a glitch or a bug, but I can give you a cheat that will help you in completing that part of your sim's aspirational goal, just make sure you have all the others in that section completed first. I'll put the cheat in a spoiler in case you don't want to know it. I've only used this cheat when I run into a roadblock such as this.

Spoiler
    First, you will need to enter this cheat.

testingcheats true

Then enter this cheat, make you are in control of the sim you want to use this cheat on.

aspirations.complete_current_milestone
  • Have you tried rolling your game save back to when your Sim achieved their tile? I think there's an unintended bug. My teen was a Proper Celebrity for seemingly forever, no matter how hard or how many Fame+ interactions he used. He finally achieved it. His tile was in his personal inventory, but he didn't get his points. The green star was lit, yet when I clicked on it in order to select where I wanted to use them, there were none. :open_mouth: Oh, well. Hope you can find your tile. It kind of takes the wind out of one's sails to work so hard and then it's not there. Happily, this wasn't my first time through with this Sim and his fame, but still. It feels incomplete.

If all else fails, try a repair game to see if that fixes it. I may do the same, for those earned point!
  • Thank-you both. I think I will need to use the cheat to complete her aspiration but very disappointed because she is one of my legacy sims and not having her tile going forward will be upsetting.

I can't really go to an older save because I'm not even sure when she put it down. Actually I remember I did put it down a while back because I had another sim get her tile and put she put her's down and my sim's tile was still there and now both are gone! There weren't any other tiles there and now they have the one's the game made for Dirk Dreamer and some others. So basically the game overwrote my own sim's tiles :( stop updating EA lol but really this sucks.
  • "JesseJay;c-17356972" wrote:
    Thank-you both. I think I will need to use the cheat to complete her aspiration but very disappointed because she is one of my legacy sims and not having her tile going forward will be upsetting.

I can't really go to an older save because I'm not even sure when she put it down. Actually I remember I did put it down a while back because I had another sim get her tile and put she put her's down and my sim's tile was still there and now both are gone! There weren't any other tiles there and now they have the one's the game made for Dirk Dreamer and some others. So basically the game overwrote my own sim's tiles :( stop updating EA lol but really this plum.

Have you tried to look for one through debug? Get into build mode and open the cheat window: testingcheats true, hit enter then enter bb.showhiddenobjects, hit enter. See if you can find it in buy mode.

I just thought I'd give a quick mention to the fact that I did a repair game and my Sim's Celebrity points became available! @JesseJay Do a repair game and see if your Sims' tile shows up in their inventory.
  • I know this is a few days old, and I've never done this before so I wouldn't know if it'd work. But perhaps try cheating her fame down and then cheating it back up again, and maybe she will receive another tile?

Just a thought.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,028 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago