Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Cemeteries

I am making my own base save. I have created some people solely just to kill them off. For instance I created the grandma of Candy and Yuki Behr, as well as relatives of my own sims. I was considering making a cemetery, likely as a park/national park. Has anyone else done this in their own game?
  • You know what's more fun? Killing at least sixteen sims, strengthening their connection to the physical world, then building a small hut on the lot and moving a single sim in. ^_^ Make sure the ghosts all have bad traits, too!
  • I did. It was for my Save template as well. I always start out a new game with this Save, and rename it. It is a National Park, so Sims do visit it, and they mourn at the graves, which seems natural to me. Also in this Save, I have a Caretaker. He lives in Willow Creek, and the cemetery is in Newcrest, on the 40x40 lot, I think it is. I switch to play him if I notice the flowers need watering. He is a retired, widowed painter. His wife is buried there. He has many lady friends his age who dote over him.

Since I start out with this Save, the ghosts remain with their tombstones even if I rename the Save. Whereas if I save the lot to my Library, and put it in a new Save, they don't. It has 32 plots, plus room for urns. So far I haven't had to remove any tombstones to make room, but I wonder if I may, in my Legacy Save. The lot has the Haunted trait as well, so if I do use it from the Library, it will still have ghosts, just not the original ones.

The lot has a Chapel, with a pipe organ and a podium to give "eulogies". In the basement is a mausoleum with urns. It works pretty well for mock funerals. I have Sims' family members and good friends travel there with the dear departed's urn, and gather in the Chapel. Someone sings and plays the organ if they know how. Sometimes Sims who play the violin or guitar will have them in their inventories, so I have them play. Then they watch the speeches from the podium. After that, the urn is either placed on the lawn plot to become a tombstone, or in the mausoleum. Everyone then travels to a home or community lot where there is room to have a large meal and a lot of drinking and storytelling. The Group Storytelling interaction works well for this if one has Outdoor Retreat. You can use the House Party event if you want, and just not do the Goals.

The other building on the lot is a Library, with "genealogy" records, I pretend. There are bathrooms, and a small kitchen in this building, in case my caretaker gets hungry.

That's a neat idea to make some already departed grandparents, etc, OP. I may do that for my Legacy Save. For those with MCCC, Kill Sim is very quick and handy for setting this up. I also like the idea of combining it with a Bar lot. Nothing goes together better than Death, Drinking and possibly Vampires. >:) "Wanna avoid all this? Stick with me..."
  • I don't know, but I would download a lot like that. I think it would be great.
  • I haven't killed many people on purpose but giving the premades their dead relatives like that is a good idea! I do have I believe around three cemeteries. One mainly for my legacy sims, one for everyone else, and one in Forgotten Hollow for supernatural type sims. And also just for atmosphere.
  • I made a cemetary for my upgrowth legacy challenge. It's empty, I think it's set as either a park or generic lot. You can check it out if you'd like, my gallery user name is the same as my name here, lissyk9. I can't remember what I titled the lot itself though. :p
  • When the sims I'm currently playing moved out on their own, apparently they took their great-grandparents' graves with them. Why? I have no idea!
  • "Livin in Sim;c-16509826" wrote:
    I did. It was for my Save template as well. I always start out a new game with this Save, and rename it. It is a National Park, so Sims do visit it, and they mourn at the graves, which seems natural to me. Also in this Save, I have a Caretaker. He lives in Willow Creek, and the cemetery is in Newcrest, on the 40x40 lot, I think it is. I switch to play him if I notice the flowers need watering. He is a retired, widowed painter. His wife is buried there. He has many lady friends his age who dote over him.

Since I start out with this Save, the ghosts remain with their tombstones even if I rename the Save. Whereas if I save the lot to my Library, and put it in a new Save, they don't. It has 32 plots, plus room for urns. So far I haven't had to remove any tombstones to make room, but I wonder if I may, in my Legacy Save. The lot has the Haunted trait as well, so if I do use it from the Library, it will still have ghosts, just not the original ones.

The lot has a Chapel, with a pipe organ and a podium to give "eulogies". In the basement is a mausoleum with urns. It works pretty well for mock funerals. I have Sims' family members and good friends travel there with the dear departed's urn, and gather in the Chapel. Someone sings and plays the organ if they know how. Sometimes Sims who play the violin or guitar will have them in their inventories, so I have them play. Then they watch the speeches from the podium. After that, the urn is either placed on the lawn plot to become a tombstone, or in the mausoleum. Everyone then travels to a home or community lot where there is room to have a large meal and a lot of drinking and storytelling. The Group Storytelling interaction works well for this if one has Outdoor Retreat. You can use the House Party event if you want, and just not do the Goals.

The other building on the lot is a Library, with "genealogy" records, I pretend. There are bathrooms, and a small kitchen in this building, in case my caretaker gets hungry.

That's a neat idea to make some already departed grandparents, etc, OP. I may do that for my Legacy Save. For those with MCCC, Kill Sim is very quick and handy for setting this up. I also like the idea of combining it with a Bar lot. Nothing goes together better than Death, Drinking and possibly Vampires. >:) "Wanna avoid all this? Stick with me..."

Thanks, it is really helpful. I love when my sims have families before them, it makes them feel more like real people to me. I like the idea of a chapel too.
  • "SherryRN;c-16507973" wrote:
    I don't know, but I would download a lot like that. I think it would be great.

When you download a lot with graves, the gravestones don't have names and they don't come with the ghosts. I'm not sure if there's anything to do about that, I've done some searching and there don't seem to even be mods that can attach ghosts to graves or vice versa, so it may not even be possible.