Forum Discussion

PhantasmKiss
New Spectator
4 years ago

Changing a World's Set Dressing

The backgrounds on worlds are basically set-dressing, right? You can't interact with the backdrop for say, Newcrest.

I was just reading another thread wanting new worlds to build in and thinking that was supposed to be the intention for Newcrest, right?

Would it be possible with the current game mechanics for them to make an empty world with switchable set dressing? Would that work for the people who want more world variety without adding a lot of bloat to the game?

1. Would that make you happy?
2. Do you have more ideas like this?
3. Do you know anything about whether this would actually work in the game?

Discuss <3
  • There's a mod, I'll try to find it, that lets you do that.
    Here:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/world-edit-1-0-45283120
    I haven't used it, but a lot of YouTubers made videos.
  • I have used Nando's paris mod which adds some things to Magnolia crescents set dressing. I would love things like this as it is obviously possible.

However, the fake buildings were still there - just covered up by the mods fakes. I think what a lot of us would like is a world with close together lots (like they actually are in Newcrest but not lonely ones like eco lifestyle) but no fake buildings in the background only nature. Then the world could be what era and architecture style you choose.

If this world came with several overlays eg forest, desert, fields/ plains (similar to what you suggest or the paris mod) it would be wonderful. It could be different things in different saves.i think that sounds so useful. What an interesting idea.
  • "Becka28;c-17812411" wrote:
    I have used Nando's paris mod which adds some things to Magnolia crescents set dressing. I would love things like this as it is obviously possible.

However, the fake buildings were still there - just covered up by the mods fakes. I think what a lot of us would like is a world with close together lots (like they actually are in Newcrest but not lonely ones like eco lifestyle) but no fake buildings in the background only nature. Then the world could be what era and architecture style you choose.

If this world came with several overlays eg forest, desert, fields/ plains (similar to what you suggest or the paris mod) it would be wonderful. It could be different things in different saves.i think that sounds so useful. What an interesting idea.

That is my biggest wish! (I mean, in my dreams we could totally modify each world and remove/add, edit it however we wanted, but I know that's never going to happen, so I would 100% be thrilled with a world with no fake buildings of any kind. I absolutely hate all of the fake buildings. Even in Newcrest, which I almost always use for my played families, I can change the neighborhood houses to reflect the type of setting I want, but those fuuuugly fake house ruin it!

• I don't want to make my own world, I just meant something like putting up a different background for Newcrest.
  • would love it if made properly and lots were close to each other and you could basically make second bigger forgotten hollow yes pls

but i think we would also need something like create a neighborhood from ts2 so we could blob down some cool stuff in the off lot areas of worlds cause like idk some worlds would really upgrade if i could just blob some items off lot without installing million mods
  • "BookBear;c-17812402" wrote:
    There's a mod, I'll try to find it, that lets you do that.
    Here:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/world-edit-1-0-45283120
    I haven't used it, but a lot of YouTubers made videos.

I use that mod, you can add new stuff to the backgrounds but you can't delete/change what's already there sadly
  • I have done that for Sulani. She did an awesome job overall. A few modifications would make it better, but it's way way better than the original.

https://i.imgur.com/X5LTCxb.png

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,102 PostsLatest Activity: 52 minutes ago