Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Cheat to remove grid on build/buy mode?

I'm sick and tired of the HORRIBLE forced placement on tables. Everything's uneven and can never work together. I know about the move objects cheat, but it still has that really annoying grid there. Is there a cheat to remove the grid completely where I can put it LITERALLY where ever I want to?
  • "jsn;13594244" wrote:
    "FFX2Paine506;13594213" wrote:
    "TheKryptoKnight;13594207" wrote:
    I'm pretty sure the game operates using the grid. In just about every (if not every) game I can think of like this... There is no such thing as putting an item in between grid squares or wherever you want... They snap to a space because they have to?

In TS3 they had a cheat that allowed you to ignore the grid, I was wondering if they had it on this one too.

Are you thinking of bb.moveobjects on?

No it wasn't what I wanted.
  • In addition to placing items off-grid while holding the alt key, if you want to place objects on tables and shelves with limited slots on them, there's a custom content shelf that you can download that you use to place items where you want and then delete the shelf itself, so your lot doesn't count as having custom content in it. It can really help your builds look more detailed.

This tutorial shows you how to install/use it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO6WFYhRK1M
  • Where you can place objects on a table depends on where the slots are located on the table. It has nothing to do with the grid.
  • Don't objects snap to slots even when holding ALT? I've used ALT all the time and I have never, ever been able to freely place items where I want them if the item is any where near a surface that has slots because the item just jumps to the slot regardless.

The only time I can get this to work is if I totally fill up all of the slots with random items, raise my object to the correct height and then use ALT to freely move my item in place, then I have the tedious task of deleting all of the random "slot placement holders" I placed.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,033 PostsLatest Activity: 2 hours ago