Forum Discussion

atreya33
Seasoned Veteran
9 months ago

Cheat vampire weaknesses

I am currently playing a vampire. She just reached rank 4 which finally allows her to get the sun resistance power. But unfortunately she has to take up a thrid weakness as well, which I do not want. I know in the mccc cheats module it is possible to remove all weaknesses but that's not what I want. is there a way to get rid of 1 weakness and keep the other 2? In short is there a mod or a cheat code to add/remove one specific weakness? So far I only found cheat codes for vampire powers, not weaknesses.
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    "LuvtehGeeks;c-18342779" wrote:
    @Atreya33, Unless Mccc has changed we used to be able to cheat the power points to use for vampiric powers then pick the powers we want, adding in the required number of weaknesses BUT then just reset all weaknesses to 0 and re-add any you want to have. My main sim had to study for her powers but she has 6 kids and some are just flat out ???? like their dad so I popped them a few points here and there when they were close to the having the points for another power. ???

I am able to reset the weaknesses to zero. But adding in specific ones is not possible in mccc. They is no such option with the occult cheats or the traits in the CAS module as described above. They are not regular (hidden) traits that can be added with mccc or cheats (as far as I know) . Or no one ever bothered to figure them out.

But I found a workaround that's fine for me. So no problem anymore.
  • @Atreya33, Unless Mccc has changed we used to be able to cheat the power points to use for vampiric powers then pick the powers we want, adding in the required number of weaknesses BUT then just reset all weaknesses to 0 and re-add any you want to have. My main sim had to study for her powers but she has 6 kids and some are just flat out stupid like their dad so I popped them a few points here and there when they were close to the having the points for another power. ???
  • Unless Mccc has changed we used to be able to cheat the power points to use for vampiric powers then pick the powers we want, adding in the required number of weaknesses BUT then just reset all weaknesses to 0 and re-add any you want to have. My main sim had to study for her powers but she has 6 kids and some are just flat out stupid like their dad so I popped them a few points here and there when they were close to the having the points for another power. ???
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    Thank you all for your excellent suggestions.
    @Lenny_Ogg unfortunately the mod seems to be outdated. It broke my vampire powers/weaknesses. No matter how many weaknesses selecten (0 or up to 8) I could not hit ok after selecting them.
    @EnkiSchmidt Thanks for pointing out this usefull feature in MCCC. Unfortunately vampire powers and weaknesses don't shop up in this list. I will use this feature in the future if I ever need to change traits, but for this issue it won't work.
    @LuvtehGeeks I was not able to figure out how to add specefic weaknesses (or powers) with mccc. Only to reset them seperately.

I have found a workaround. I rolled back to a previous save about 5 sim days ago where my sim was rank 3. I added all the powers of the lower ranks and the 2 weaknesses I wanted. I let her rank up to rank 4 again. Then I used the cheats to add the sun resistance power. So right now my sim has 2 weaknesses and sun resistance. I can't add any more powers with the ingame UI because then I would be forced to take up more weaknesses but that's fine. Let's see it as a trade off for getting the sun resistance in combination with 2 weaknesses.

The only downside when rolling back was that her infant daughter no longer had the crawl milestone due to rolling back to a previous save but the little girl managed to earn this milestone a second time really fast. :)
  • Add your powers, remove all weaknesses then add back the weaknesses you want with mccc. That came out wrong as usual LoL. If you use Mccc use it to add powers and weaknesses as needed then use it to remove all weaknesses then add back the two you want then close. ???
  • In MCCC you could also try MCCAS-> Manage traits -> Remove trait

Leave the textbox that pops up empty and the mod will bring up a list of traits your sim has. Since so many things in the game are traits (the NAPs, all of the diving gear and whatnot), I wouldn't be surprised if the vampire weaknesses were coded as traits, too.
    Reddestiny921
    Seasoned Vanguard
    I hope if we ever get a vampires refresh we could go without the weaknesses I want more variety in my forever sims lol.
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    "Lenny_Ogg;c-18342661" wrote:
    I found this guide on the Sims Community.
    The following cheat is the one you want:
    Perks Remain but Weaknesses are Removed: Bucks.Lock_All_Perks_for_Bucks_Type 40962 false

How to get the Sim ID is also mentioned in the guide.

Edit: oh you wanted only 1 removed! Sry. Check the list in the guide and then set the weakness you want to remove on false.

Thanks for the suggestion. I already found this site. Unfortunately it only lists the cheats for powers, not weaknesses despite the title of the list mentioning weaknesses.