Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Cheating/Affair should be realistic

It bugs me that the person you're having an affair with isn't aware that you have a partner and they get angry and heartbroken when they see you kissing your partner. I don't think this was the case in the sims 3 especially when other sims could tell your partner what you're doing with someone else.
  • "Cupid;c-17272213" wrote:
    "WorkFromHome;d-967390" wrote:
    It bugs me that the person you're having an affair with isn't aware that you have a partner

why
    this is the case for a lot of people lol

True. In real if, many people don't know that they are married or at least in a serious relationship (many people keep that a secret).

I am more bothered that a random sim flirted with my sims wife and he got made at her instead even though she wasn't the one flirting. They do then to argue and fight when angry though, so their relation always drops and is difficult to get back up again.
    Lonewolf1044
    Seasoned Spectator
    I forgot which Sims it happened in once you cheated the spouse somehow magically knew something was going on and regardless of where she or he was the spouse was there. I hated that part (I laughed the first time) but one thing that showed how an spouse took cheating was like wow she or he would get so furious and GF/BF of the cheating spouse would actually fight and the cheating spouse was on ice for an long time. In SIms 4 cheating is taken lightly and even though the cheating was going on the spouse does not know and I like that but when they are caught there is really no consquences just an little let down and things go back to normal. :)
  • "MidnightAura;c-17272209" wrote:
    It bugs me more that when my sim cheated on his wife with Bella Goth, Mortimer text him to congratulate him on his new girlfriend.

It also bugs me that kids don’t care if they catch their parents cheating. In the sims 1-3 they did care and it impacted on the relationships.

I totally agree! it all just seems a bit messy and it's like these sims have amnesia. i got a text the other day from the sim who i'm cheating with, congrats your new boyfriend and still gets pissed when he sees us. It messes up the story you're telling if you want your sim to have a affair.
    keekee53
    New Spectator
    "Goldmoldar;c-17282252" wrote:
    I forgot which Sims it happened in once you cheated the spouse somehow magically knew something was going on and regardless of where she or he was the spouse was there.
    I hated that part (I laughed the first time) but one thing that showed how an spouse took cheating was like wow she or he would get so furious and GF/BF of the cheating spouse would actually fight and the cheating spouse was on ice for an long time. In SIms 4 cheating is taken lightly and even though the cheating was going on the spouse does not know and I like that but when they are caught there is really no consquences just an little let down and things go back to normal. :)

Sims 3...it drove me crazy. Guess when they opened the world the gossip went rampant.
    keekee53
    New Spectator
    "XxAirixX;c-17282220" wrote:
    "Cupid;c-17272213" wrote:
    "WorkFromHome;d-967390" wrote:
    It bugs me that the person you're having an affair with isn't aware that you have a partner

why
    this is the case for a lot of people lol

True. In real if, many people don't know that they are married or at least in a serious relationship (many people keep that a secret).

I am more bothered that a random sim flirted with my sims wife and he got made at her instead even though she wasn't the one flirting. They do then to argue and fight when angry though, so their relation always drops and is difficult to get back up again.

This drives me sooo crazy.