Forum Discussion

manicobsessive1
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

Cinema in Growing Together

Hi all. I don't know if it has been confirmed or discussed by any Gurus, but do we know if we will be able to place a cinema in other worlds?
  • "KadenListon2;c-18251089" wrote:
    In previous versions of the game, players were able to place various types of community lots, including movie theaters, in their Sims' neighborhoods.

We still can but the cinema for some reason bugs out when placed in other worlds. I need to try to get that on AMQ as there isn't a thread on it.
  • "gamingWstakcz;c-18251066" wrote:
    Hey I’m new to this game and im friendly here is my friend code if you want add me ( C3JR73G )

You'd better ask this in the Sims mobile part of the forums: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936594/more-friends-the-sims-mobile#latest
    amapola76
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "BoergeAarg61;c-18251590" wrote:
    Perhaps one could be made from the objects of Movie Hangout Stuff, even though that pack only features tv set and new movies.

Oh, I think we have plenty of objects to create our own cinema. I've been thinking about making one with the new cinema object on the lot, and then attached to it, a non-rabbithole building with one or two screening rooms inside.

I also added a small screening room to the Plumbob Pictures museum (?) in Del Sol Valley, because I wanted to add a little more interest to that lot. You know how museum exhibits IRL will often have a very small screening room or two, with benches to sit, where they show documentaries about the subject of the exhibit? That's basically what I did, so that my sims can go to the film museum and watch clips of classic sims movies.

For a full cinema, I would just do a larger version of that. You could put in a lobby with a coffee bar and/or boba bar. (Or a bar bar.) We don't have a popcorn cart, but I would be shocked if someone hasn't already modded one from the popcorn maker. I'd put one or two arcade games in the lobby, and tons of movie posters. Then maybe two screening rooms with the largest tv screen and plush seats. It seems pretty straightforward.

Actually, on further thought... even without mods, you could make it a retail lot, and have the owner sim put out bowls of popcorn, ice cream cones, nachos, slices of pizza, etc., on the retail shelves or retail freezer, for sale. Then if there's not much else to do on the lot, sims will likely buy some food and then gravitate to the tv screens.

Now that I think of it, I have an art gallery that I haven't played in a while, where I put a small tv screen for watching art films (in my imagination), and I could not keep the customers away from it. So that should work just fine.
  • Here is the link for AMQ. If your having this issue click me too and post.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Gro-Cinema-doesn-t-work-right-when-placed-in-other-worlds/m-p/12441654#M246301
    amapola76
    Seasoned Vanguard
    Yeah, no, I have used those cheats. But I'm still having trouble actually finding the objects within the catalog.
    amapola76
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "itsTheSimsGuy;c-18249413" wrote:
    "Amapola76;c-18247723" wrote:
    Yeah, no, I have used those cheats. But I'm still having trouble actually finding the objects within the catalog.

You have to enter the cheat, then go to buy mode and search DEBUG then click on the ones that come up. It won’t automatically show you the items, you have to search them.

Hmmm. That's what I've been doing. So it is definitely the buy section, then, and not build? Are they all under decor, or scattered across the various subcategories.
  • "BoergeAarg61;c-18251590" wrote:
    Perhaps one could be made from the objects of Movie Hangout Stuff, even though that pack only features tv set and new movies.

Yeah, I have an indoor movie theatre and an outdoor movie theatre. I was hoping we would get an indoor one as an actual playable lot with a concession stand. We can make them bars, but they don’t attract children, and I’m not sure about teens. It seems like a movie theatre would have been such an easy lot to make playable, but instead of drinks have the concession stand sell hot dogs, sodas, popcorn, ( yes I have movie stuff, but I would rather it be offered through a concession stand ), and candy, and they could also have someone in a ticket box selling tickets with a cash register. I hope they will come out with a real movie theatre for sims 4. I did have a funny incident happen once. I have a love seat in the theatre, and a sim and his wife were kissing, then another woman came up and slapped him. I was shocked at first about what was going on till I noticed he had some pink bar with the other sim….. then it made me chuckle. The only positive thing I can say about the San Sequoia movie theatre is that at least it’s a place that you can interact with, and not just a rabbit hole you send them off to like you do for scouts and drama club. I wish we had the choice to send our kids to a scout club ( and drama club ) we made instead of a rabbit hole because I actually put a scout club space over a karaoke bar. I plan to use the club system for them to show up there if possible.