Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Clever and Unique Community Lot Names

My Sims are never far from mind and when I'm out and about I'm always looking at homes for building inspiration or looking at business/retail names to recreate in my game. I'm currently visiting my son in NC and today I saw a couple of stops I plan on adding to my game. The first one was called WhichWich. It was a sandwich shop. The second was The Mellow Mushroom, a pizza shop, and the third was Sprouts Farmer's Market.

Do you have any community lots with cute or clever names? Do you use real location names or try to make up your own?
  • I have a Pool Lot in Brindleton Bay called "Doggypaddle Pool".
    Ya'know, like how dog's swim!

I like punny names for places.
    And alliteration as well.
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    I'm terrible at naming builds (and Sims too), so they always sounds kinda lame to me, but here's a few (okay, maybe more than a few) names I've used:

• Perfect Parchment Library
    • The Sunny Strike (bowling alley)
    • Dimension 13 (vampire lounge)
    • Creative Canvas Museum
    • The Blue Lagoon (nightclub on a yacht-like building)
    • Highlights (penthouse nightclub)
    • The Rusty Crab (seafood restaurant at the Old Salt House lot)
    • Old Shipwright Inn (pub style restaurant in Old Town Windenburg replacing the bar)
    • Lemongrass Lunchbar (vegetarian restaurant in the Arts Quarter penthouse)
    • Ranger Stanley's Tavern (restaurant in Granite Falls)
    • Gardens of Zen Spa (with a rooftop garden)
    • Revitalising Ruins Spa (which is set in an excavation site - built before we had Jungle Adventure)
    • SmartSim Science Centre (to replace the GTW science lab)

And there's Trail's End, a bar that is essentially a mini Wild West town with a train station - probably best described by a picture.
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/a7027b6b3299fe4f753b5aff9f620030/tumblr_inline_o6kilvckPC1u21s2l_1280.jpg
    I built this ages before we had the Wild West sets from Get Famous of course.

Most of my other community lots have fairly dull descriptive names.
  • Can't take credit for it, because I downloaded it from the gallery, but I have a restaurant in my game named Garden of Eatin'. I thought it was very clever.
  • I've had several retail stores I built and named in my game, most have quite standard names, nothing too creative. But, my favorite one is a combination art gallery and bakery called, Artsy Tartsy I built several years ago. It's kind of a cutesy name, but I like it! :) My Level 10 Painter/Cook/Gourmet Cook Sim only sold masterpieces and the highest quality baked goods there.

It's on the gallery. Here's the link if anyone wants to take a look:

Artsy Tartsy

I did a little research online before choosing the name. There were several contenders I liked before finally settling on that name, they were; Half Baked, Bake My Day, Wild Flour and Pleasing Palettes. :)
  • @Simgirl1010
    I like using unique or theme names.
    SPORK {Restaurant }
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7C3058C7545F11E68B1E2586F7E7056B
    Spoiler
    Do you eat with a spoon or do you eat with a fork? Why choose when you can use a SPORK? Bring your family and your friends for a cozy dining experience. #EQCreations

Flamingo Fandango {Retail}
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/8D2612A0966D11E7853390314CBED808
    Spoiler
    Visit Flamingo Fandango to find that special Knick-Knack Bric-A-Brac and all things Flamingo. Well a few erm at least one Flamingo. Includes a few goodies to keep the shop owner happy. Original by #EQCreations

Please Say Yes {Room}
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0E53190CEE1A11E68D6720E91EC333BC
    Spoiler
    The Romance Festival was coming soon and it seems like to pefect time to ask her to marry him. But the festival was a bit too... public. A more secluded spot was needed. Is this the place where she will say "Yes"? #EQCreations

"Please Say Yes" evolved into Garden Essence {National Park }
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/06860B96627F11E78A8E31B1AA318D0D

• These are all awesome names!

My lot names are kinda boring, most are just the default. But i really like the one you mention, it's inspiring with a good name. I think it would be fun to start a build project based just on an awesome name :)

@Vicingus, I totally agree that lot names can be inspiring. The right name can trigger a storyline, or an idea for a new sim that will run the shop.
  • The Crazy Cactus by Dippydesigns is a great restaurant name too, for a restaurant in Oasis Springs in particular. It's also a great lot...highly recommend to anyone who downloads venues from the gallery. (s/he should be paying me for this shameless promotion)
  • My lot names are kinda boring, most are just the default. But i really like the one you mention, it's inspiring with a good name. I think it would be fun to start a build project based just on an awesome name :)