Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Conflicting Information

Recently I have had some conflicting information when positioning items in Build Mode:

1. Go to place a corner counter in the kitchen up against a wall to get "Can't intersect with a wall". WHAT??
2. Go to place a diving platform on a pool: "Can't intersect with an object." WHAT?
3. And now last night go to place a wall-mounted basketball hoop in a room to get "Can't intersect with a floor or ceiling." Go to put it outside and get red warning lines saying "Must intersect with a wall". Go to put it up against the outer wall: "Must intersect with a floor". Put it inside the room: "Can't intersect with floor or ceiling."
  • I tried the wall-mounted basketball hoop last night and it only places if the wall height is set to the tallest which is silly considering it'll fit perfectly on medium height.

Also, I have noticed when you use the MoveObjects cheat after you place an object it vanishes as soon as you press the four top buttons to access the cheat bar.
  • "adamclark83;c-16796927" wrote:
    I tried the wall-mounted basketball hoop last night and it only places if the wall height is set to the tallest which is silly considering it'll fit perfectly on medium height.

Also, I have noticed when you use the MoveObjects cheat after you place an object it vanishes as soon as you press the four top buttons to access the cheat bar.

The reason the object vanishes is because you're hitting the undo button (L1) to open the cheat bar. Whenever I need to put in the move objects cheat I always put the item down where I want it then shortly move it to a different place. So when I open the cheat bar it'll be moved back where it was.

Edit: L2 sorry ?
  • "adamclark83;c-16796927" wrote:
    I tried the wall-mounted basketball hoop last night and it only places if the wall height is set to the tallest which is silly considering it'll fit perfectly on medium height.

Maybe it's to do with the ball animation clipping with the cealing on medium height walls? Probably wrong though, just a guess.