Forum Discussion

Katofhyrule12
Rising Novice
10 months ago

Console Playing: mouse or controller

If you play Sims 4 on a console, do you use a mouse or a controller?

I use a mouse. It annoys me that the Sims 3 camera is the default camera and that I must keep switching my game back to the Sims 4 camera. I assume it is like that because the Sims 3 camera is better for the controller?
    KingJA_1992
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "Katofhyrule12;c-18332562" wrote:
    "TheFlyingGentleman;c-18332469" wrote:
    I can only build using a controller

Since I added more packs, the mouse has a lot more lag, especially in build mode. Is that why you build with the controller, or some other reason?

I got used to building with the controller. When they added mouse and keyboard support I tried building with the mouse and was struggling lol
  • Before or after the update made it near impossible to play using controllers?
  • I use the controller for my game. It does lag and glitch every once in a while, but it works overall.
    pacer1965
    Rising Vanguard
    Sims 4 is the only sims game I've played on console. It took me a while to get use to a controller. I have the sims 4 base game on my PC and I had a little play with it and could not get use to the mouse and keyboard...Lol
  • I use a controller. I got a mouse and keyboard but I'm not in a proper sitting position to use them so I stick to controller.

Now if they could update the control scheme, that would be great...
  • "TheFlyingGentleman;c-18332469" wrote:
    I can only build using a controller

Since I added more packs, the mouse has a lot more lag, especially in build mode. Is that why you build with the controller, or some other reason?