Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Constant dragging of certain themes

After almost four years, I'm getting kind of bored with The Sims 4. I haven't played any DLC's from previous iterations, besides The Sims 1. So I won't be comparing The Sims 4 to previous iterations here, but rather treating it as a stand-alone game. I don't feel like comparing it to other iterations really ends up well and I don't need it to prove my point. I also want to say that I like most content in this game. The thing that doesn't make me buy more lately though is that there just is such a lack of content and new things to do that don't get repetitive. Same goes for building. We just get the same objects over and over, with a few exceptions, which makes building kind of tedious.

A few examples here:

• In the beginning of 2015 we got Luxury Party Stuff. Later in the same year we got the second EP, Get Together. These are both packs centered around partying and young adults having fun. Basically we have one SP and one EP dedicated to partying. All of the stuff in the SP should have been added in Get Together.
  • In the middle of 2016 we got Kids Room Stuff. A year later they released the Parenthood GP. Why not just make one big parenthood pack out of this (rethorical question)? We also got Toddler Stuff later that year, which all of these three together could have maybe been one big family EP with more stuff that require more complex animations, like swingsets, trampolines and bunkbeds, which the SP team doesn't have the budget to tackle. We probably will never see these objects with complex animations in this iteration.
  • The third EP, City Living, was released at the end of 2016. Five months later EA released Bowling Night Stuff. Why were these two seperate? What city doesn't have bowling alleys? The same goes for the Dine Out GP. What city doesn't have restaurants? And also Vintage Glamour Stuff would fit just fine in City Living.
  • In the end of 2017 we got the Cats and Dogs EP. In march 2018 we received My First Pet Stuff. Again, why wasn't this stuff in the EP already?

The thing with this is that they are dragging certain themes out into multiple packs. IMO every theme should be done once and that's it. Players can select what they do or don't want though, so maybe that's a plus. But the biggest problem is: they leave no room at all for new themes to get a spot in this game. Simmers are still screaming for different themes that they want The Sims team to tackle, before The Sims 5 is released. But the way that things are going now, I don't ever see this game feeling finished. Getting the same kind of content over and over again is getting very repetitive and results in a boring game. There are just not a lot of different things to do. Every broad theme should be tackled just once. Just one family pack, one pets pack, one city pack (with all the things you can find in a city) and one partying pack.

https://originassets.akamaized.net/content.ts4/images/55482/231.0x326.0/1030929_LB_231x326_en_US_%5E_2016-04-13-03-43-10_dfe5bff3340b0d24858f49734292b41f0770b84c.pnghttps://originassets.akamaized.net/content.ts4/images/55482/231.0x326.0/1034253_LB_231x326_en_GB_%5E_2017-08-02-22-20-28_1aaa55b7bd3a1ce37371ebb91e9b7a0dbaf435b1.png