Forum Discussion

DeepPurpIe
Rising Rookie
4 years ago

Cooking fresh

How are you guys finding the cook option where you can only use fresh ingredients? I.e grow your own, farm or milk. Is it more difficult? Can you use bees honey in anything? Curious about the whole process
  • I love it although I had some issues when first moving my family into their home. Forgot to order groceries and I only realised this when they were hungry so I ordered some, did not hear the delivery guy at the door so got a notification that he left them at the door, Could not find them anywhere.. by this time by sims were starving so I just quickly ordered another lot and for some reason the guy took sim hours to deliver it!! My poor sims were not happy hahaha
  • Even though I love this lot trait, my Sims are finding it hard work. They're often going to bed at stupid hours in the morning just trying to fit everything in. Then and again in saying that, I did set them a challenge by opening up a farm shop selling baked goods and giving them even more animals. They also have a little girl and a toddler to look after too. I suppose I would also struggle in that situation, lol.
  • "LadyKyn;c-17942474" wrote:
    I enjoyed having to buy groceries again like the sims 2, except it's more involved. Reminds me of having to need ingredients in a Sims 2 spinoff game on console long ago where you'd need ingredients to make meals.
    As above said, wish there were a few more recipes that called for honey or sugar substitute. That and would like to just add honey to certain dishes just for extra sugar rush. Even colored eggs and particular ingredients are useful.
    https://i.imgur.com/n2AOtn3.png?1

Thus far, been enjoying the Simple Living lot trait so much been applied tot a lot of households if not all that I play. Things like fishing has become a lot more useful and meaningful for my sims, especially the ones that live off the grid. Definitely more of a struggle with off the grid with sims using what they grow to eat and selling, but loving it as it makes for a lot of busy work for sims as well as sims being able to have more things to spend more money on their lively hood. Just very immersive.

Kinda hope they expand a little more on it as I'd like my sims to buy more ingredients and such for things like their coffee/tea makers and things for their quick meals. Had used SRSLY overhaul mod for food about a month ago and enjoyed it, so I was really happy to see grocery shopping making a comeback.

You mean recipes that call for sugar ut will count honey as sugar? Because I only see it asking for sugar not sugar or honey
  • "LadyKyn;c-17943028" wrote:
    "kaiwrysims;c-17942689" wrote:

You mean recipes that call for sugar ut will count honey as sugar? Because I only see it asking for sugar not sugar or honey

I wasn't saying that they count it as sugar only that I agreed with what you said and would like the option to have a substitute for honey as well for the sugar substitute. :smile:

Oh ok, sorry I misread lol
  • So it it possible to do a farm to table restaurant if you have dine out? Does the inventory work like that?
    RouenSims
    Seasoned Rookie
    So far, I’ve only played a family that fishes for ingredients.
    Kathykins
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Its really no different than how I've been playing since the start, in 2017. I've always had gardens and fridges full of fruits/veggies and fish, and my sims have always cooked with those ingredients. Now I just have more types of ingredients to put in my fridges. I haven't tried the lot challenge, but also don't think its necessary with the way I'm playing.

Don't know about the honey, as I almost never have bees anymore. Just can't be bothered keeping them "happy". They're more a hassle than anything.
  • I love it. I enjoy canning what my Sims grow so they can use it later in meals. And most of the in game plants have a reason for being in the game other than just creating income. My main Sim has three chickens and two llamas. I decided against having a cow for a bit. My Sim is a knitter and does cross stitch so it's been a lot of work learning about the animal treats that change the color of llama wool so she pays less to knit and stitch. I have always enjoyed using Plopsy so having more items to sell is great. I hoped we'd see more reasons to grow crops, and my wish came true.
    DaWaterRat
    Seasoned Adventurer
    I didn't expect to enjoy it, and I certainly won't have it activated with, say, my family in San Myshuno, but I've found I enjoy it more than I expected for my more rural sims, and it gives me more of a reason to actually have a garden than potion ingredients.