Forum Discussion

CircuitD
Rising Novice
4 years ago

Cooking

Can my sim stop cooking when there is a meal already prepared on the counter? Or tons of leftovers in the fridge. If you have a multi person household each sim keeps cooking when they are hungry. One one point I had 4 different meals all just sitting there. Can they just grab a plate and stop cooking another batch?
    CircuitD
    Rising Novice
    Also, stop the changing when they play basketball outside. They don’t change back after they are done. In sims 2 or 3 they just changed back to what ever clothes they were wearing before. Now in winter they start playing basketball on their own and then freeze to death after they are done. Not the best design.
  • "arleta;d-987664" wrote:
    Can my sim stop cooking when there is a meal already prepared on the counter? Or tons of leftovers in the fridge. If you have a multi person household each sim keeps cooking when they are hungry. One one point I had 4 different meals all just sitting there. Can they just grab a plate and stop cooking another batch?

That's a bug that haven't been fixed yet. I'ld recommend using the Prefer Leftovers mod from mslittlesam (it's in his/her small random mods folder), if you're ok using mods.
    CircuitD
    Rising Novice
    I get that mods fix things. I don’t like to use mods. Every time the game updates (and now it seams they do it more often, because they have a new thing they want you to pay for coming out, except they still don’t address the list of feedback issues reported) I have to spend time to replace my mods. Also, if mods can fix it, why can’t the game creators? I mean I am a paying customer. If your customers are telling you something with your products needs fixing, and mods prove there is a solution, then why not just fix the issue or hire the modders as consultants to fix the issues. I’m tired of hearing that there is a mod for this or that. That’s just proof there are solutions which a company that’s getting paid is not addressing. Not trying to be an jerk. Thank you for attempting to help. I just want to say that I have a list pages long of issues still not addressed. I’m just starting to post it one issue at a time because it seams no one from the company is reading. I’m just getting badges for being awesome. I don’t want a star I want them to fix it. I wish they just addressed the problems especially since, as you say, they are clearly not new. Now they introduce kits. I got excited about vacuuming, but as always I think I’ll be turning it off as many things I already have like naps and calendar features. The dust is gathering at an alarming rate. Did creators of this “Brilliant” plan though my sims have nothing else to do but vacuum all day and that every sim will need their own vacuum? That’s like putting the entire stove in the inventory after you cook a meal. Why put it in inventory? For effing sake why can’t they ever create something that makes sense or fix issue that are clearly not new? Why the solution are always mods or turning off features I paid for because nobody had an inclination that spawning clay balls in the inventory is just glitchy and annoying, or that dust bunnies would have been cute if they showed up once in a blue not every day or even twice a day. Here is a new vending machine which will get stuck every time you use it. Here is a Murphy bed that will kill your entire family. You can take your toddler sledding and then abandon it at a slope. Here is a meal you can make and not have anyone eat. Here is a conversation you can have and have your sim move 20 times during it and make sure it talks to everyone and the kitchen sink. Here is a wedding ceremony your sim can watch and do push-ups since apparently their child getting married isn’t interesting and attention grabbing enough. For effing sake why do I have to download a mod, for clearly game design issues and tuning that modders have no problem fixing. I guess the game designers half ass this and hope modders will make it playable. They are too busy making the next cash grab and giving our stars for complaining to appease the paying public.
  • Something strange and wonderful happened in my game some days ago. I sent a couple of sims on vacation to a rental house and one of them cooked a family serving instead of a single serving and then took a plate out and put it back on the counter. Afterwards he did the incredible and called his partner to dinner, by himself, then took back his plate and resumed his dinner. He did this twice while on vacation, and not only did he cook for both of them but they also sat down and ate together. Something must be wrong with my game but I liked it.