Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Create a style feature

I hope sims 4 will be loke sims 3 did with create a style also color wheel. Because it is lots of aesthetics design. I'm still sometimes back on sims 3 than playing 4 cuz of this feature.
  • "Huiiie_07;c-17435509" wrote:
    "Beardedgeek;c-17435459" wrote:
    A color wheel will not happen, the game does not seem to be able to support such a function.

However being able to save your own styles under "styled looks" is both doable and sounds like a very good idea.

How so? Pets have a color wheel as well. To me this always seemed like proof that it's indeed possible. Or did any of the gurus say otherwise, because I seem to have missed that.

Of course it’s possible but nothing besides pet coats are formatted for it. For it to be a supported feature EA would have to put a whole lot of work into this game (and all DLC) and that costs money they aren’t going to spend.
  • "Beardedgeek;c-17436670" wrote:
    "drake_mccarty;c-17436296" wrote:
    "Huiiie_07;c-17435509" wrote:
    "Beardedgeek;c-17435459" wrote:
    A color wheel will not happen, the game does not seem to be able to support such a function.

However being able to save your own styles under "styled looks" is both doable and sounds like a very good idea.

How so? Pets have a color wheel as well. To me this always seemed like proof that it's indeed possible. Or did any of the gurus say otherwise, because I seem to have missed that.

Of course it’s possible but nothing besides pet coats are formatted for it. For it to be a supported feature EA would have to put a whole lot of work into this game (and all DLC) and that costs money they aren’t going to spend.

Exactly, it's like why only new worlds have swimmable beaches (that's a verb now! I verbeded it!). They said they would like to remake the old worlds but that's a LOT of code that has to be redone to make say the WIndenburg Island's piers or the river running thru the parks into swimmable water.

The water is nothing short of laziness and greed on the part of the developers. No world before IL supports it because it’s a primary feature of that EP. A swimming spot in university is a throwaway inclusion because it didn’t cost them anything to reuse what they made for IL. Does cost you another $40 tho.

They could have easily updated every world but that would mean they couldn’t use ocean swimming as a feature for the EP (an EP which was already light on new content and heavy on recycled assets). The color thing is a very different situation and while I do think they made the obviously WRONG choice early on, I understand why that bad choice has now eliminated it as an option for the future. The water is just laziness. They didn’t have the tech, which is understandable, but now they do and instead of integrating it they keep it as a premium for future packs.
  • "Huiiie_07;c-17437997" wrote:
    I like the idea of @mysph1t in terms of color selection. I never played TS2 and now I am kinda wondering why this isn't a thing in 4. If they can't implement a color wheel, a few more colors should work.

Also, unnatural hair colors for toddlers and kids. Not having them is just unnecessarily restricting.

I agree we need unnatural hair colours for the toddlers too. Especially for my alien and mermaid sims, or even just regular sims. Maybe in my world pink is a natural hair colour!

I think colour wheels for hair and skin tone would go a long way here. I'm not so worried about the clothes or furniture but I'd love a colour wheel for the sims themselves.