Forum Discussion

AaronRulz78
New Spectator
5 years ago

Creating own dorms?

I was thinking of creating my own dorm, but not on one of the established dorm lots. Will I be able to build my own stand-alone dorm on one of those "residential lots" that I will be bulldozing because I don't understand why there are families living on University lot? lol
  • "darrenfroggy;c-17310318" wrote:
    People live in Uni towns all the time ;)

But to answer your question: yes, you can build your own Uni Housing anywhere.

haha, I get living in a neighborhood of Uni towns, but the way this is set up it looks like all the houses are on the University lot. It's just weird to me. But that's me. :)
  • You’ll just use the ‘University Housing’ lot type to place official dorms in any world :)
  • "aaronrulz;c-17310496" wrote:
    "AquaGamer1212;c-17310485" wrote:
    You’ll just use the ‘University Housing’ lot type to place official dorms in any world :)

I know elevators are required on University Housing builds but if I just do a two story build, I wonder if Sims will use stairs if I place them.

No no, elevators are only for the penthouse lots because they’re on shells. The penthouse requirements won’t show up on regular lots.
  • "AquaGamer1212;c-17310680" wrote:
    "aaronrulz;c-17310496" wrote:
    "AquaGamer1212;c-17310485" wrote:
    You’ll just use the ‘University Housing’ lot type to place official dorms in any world :)

I know elevators are required on University Housing builds but if I just do a two story build, I wonder if Sims will use stairs if I place them.

No no, elevators are only for the penthouse lots because they’re on shells. The penthouse requirements won’t show up on regular lots.

ooooh great! thanks!
  • People live in Uni towns all the time ;)

But to answer your question: yes, you can build your own Uni Housing anywhere.
  • "AquaGamer1212;c-17310485" wrote: