Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Crime Scenes in apartments

So my detective sim is happily working way through the ranks but something odd has happened. First time playing a detective sim since installing CL so I don't know if that's the problem, but her latest crime scene is in an apartment and there are no clues anywhere. Three witnesses are there and she's got their statements but the whole apartment is clean.

No graffiti, no missing items, no burnt items, no clues. Nothing.

Can I leave and return or am I stuck with the three witness statements to try and bring down the bad guy?
  • Hello
    Try leaving the scene, then going back and see if there are clues then. Try going to work with your sim the next day, and see if the issue remains.
    If you still have issues, it would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-GTW-No-evidence-at-crime-scene/m-p/5799543#U5799543
  • "Simsister2004;15434708" wrote:
    You can always try to search for clues. This should bring up some items.

That was the first thing I tried lol, but still nothing. Thank you for the response. :)
  • "rosemow;15434703" wrote:
    Hello
    Try leaving the scene, then going back and see if there are clues then. Try going to work with your sim the next day, and see if the issue remains.
    If you still have issues, it would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-GTW-No-evidence-at-crime-scene/m-p/5799543#U5799543

That worked great, thank you! Could finally progress!
  • "Strangerthan;15434786" wrote:
    "rosemow;15434703" wrote:
    Hello

That worked great, thank you! Could finally progress!

You're welcome :) Happy simming!
    EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace
    This bug happend to me, too. My sim was sent to the apartment. When I searched for clues IN apartment, he found nothing. However, when I sent my sim outside the apartment and let him search for clues little bit in front of building, he found something.
    simsister
    Rising Newcomer
    You can always try to search for clues. This should bring up some items.
  • "Shoshanna;c-16576793" wrote:
    There are no clues anywhere and I’m pretty sure I don’t have CL. What can I do?

This is an old thread, if you don’t have CL, you won’t have a crime scene in a apartment. You have to go where your crime scene is and click on the ground to search for clues and a blue color radius search’s the ground. If nothin appears try a different place in the crime scene.