Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
6 years ago

Crowded At the Top?

So, I have a teen Sim who is busily climbing up the ladder of fame. He wants to be a singer. So, he practices singing in public whenever and wherever he can. So far, he's got one star and is closing in on another. He takes himself down the the Karaoke Bar because he knows there's a contest.

https://i.imgur.com/QqzniWQ.jpg

He wins and then heads on over to Del Sol to the club there. He plays the guitar and sings and picks up a tip or two. Then he moves on over to the microphone and practices his singing some more. Sure enough, in walks Thorne Bailey, and his entourage of admirers. My Sim is star-struck, as well, and seeks a Selfie with the Sim, which the famous one consents to, and then gives my Sim his autograph when asked. All around him Sims have filed in. The Paparazzi flashing picture after picture. Two young Sims faint, but my Sim isn't daunted, he whips out his cell phone and snaps away, then he adds the new picture to his blog story on Simstagraham. A moment or two later, he goes back to the mic and practices his singing.

https://i.imgur.com/3GzWSPJ.jpg

Who should suddenly grab up the guitar and overshadow my young fledging star? You got it. Thorne is busy playing the guitar (although not as skillfully as my Sim) and singing, too, which is only a little more annoying than a screeching cat. What made this Proper Star think he had a voice?

Thorne Bailey you've made it to the top, please, stop acting as if it's crowded up there!

So who else is having their Sim overshadowed by those already famous Sims? Please share your tales of woe.
  • I added Niall Horan to my game a long time ago. But since making him famous he has become so obnoxious. (No connection to the real life person of course :sweat_smile:). But yeah in my game he's ALWAYS stealing the spotlight from my sims.

I even added more items in the VIP area of that lounge in Del Sol Valley, hoping that he'd be more drawn to it and leave the open area to my sims, but nope! He loves the spotlight so much that during the Starlight Accolades he spent majority of his time outside the venue with the paparazzi and fans, hyping up the crowds, while other celebs made their way inside.

When I used to be a major fan of One Direction I thought Niall was the sweetest, but as a sim in my game he is so annoying. :lol:
    ck213
    Seasoned Scout
    That's an interesting part of this game. :D
    Other sims stealing your sims's thunder.

I had a sim invite my sims out to a happening in San Myshuno.
    There was actually a seasons schedule event happening there, but I forgot about it and arrived too late.
    But I had them stay anyway.

One of my Sims is Meadow Thayer who just became a 3-star celebrity.
    She gave a pretty awesome karaoke performance

And then Holly Alto gets up.

Everyone goes crazy over her.

Then she starts posing like she rules.

Meadow went home.
    It was late anyway. :p
  • I have to say, I do love the dynamics in this EP. By way of an UPDATE, my Sim is now a Rising Star. He attained his second star shortly after that shared spotlight moment. LOL
    elliebreton
    Seasoned Veteran
    Lol. @CK213 is that last shot a custom pose or do they really do an in-game pose like that? Thats so funny, everyone getting their thunder stolen.