Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Dear Maxis...

I'm one of your biggest critics but I'm also one of your biggest fans if the truth was known. I do appreciate all the work you did over the last twenty years to bring games to the masses that were fun, and delightfully diabolical. I have some requests you have yet to fill for TS4 after seven long years of waiting. I don't know why, only you do but if I ever come back to TS4 I want to play these things just like I did in the older games. :'(

1. An attraction system.
2. Ownable and Drivable Cars.
3. Slow dancing.
4. Create a style (even if a smaller color and design wheel if need be).
5. Editable Neighborhood tools. Even if CAW isn't possible. At least a way to edit and decorate hoods.
6. Kids games. Tag, hide and seek, something, please.
7. Differences seen and known only to teen Sims for the base game no pack needed, please make some differences from other life stages for the teen stage.
8. Consequences. I don't know if EA won't let you have more dire consequences in the game, but it sorely needs some. TS4 Sims are always happy.
9. Swimmable waters rather than in one world. Yes, a tough one, but sorely needed. Even if you have to create a giant lake mass players want to place a lake in hoods and have Sims get in them. Maybe that could be a giant object players could place in a world if we ever get a world editor in game.
10. Please remove restrictions on non editable lots. Without cheats. Open the game to players to be more user friendly,

At the moment I can't think of what else I need to enjoy TS4 more. (Now that you have tried to address traits). But these things are important if you want happy campers. It's been a very long wait for these. If ever. I understand budgets and things are hard and directions and focuses etc. However, these things are enjoyed by millions who play your older games. We would like to be able to enjoy TS4 more than the handful of packs we did buy.

For instance I would have been happy to purchase the paranormal pack if you had made the haunted lot choice a lot trait instead of a particular lot. Because it's my understanding I can't go back like I can in TS2 and rezone a lot to be haunted (such as community or residence like in older games) but would prefer an actual lot trait so I don't have to rebuild some of my lots. Disappointed that wasn't considered when you built that pack or fell by the wayside.

Yes, I get grumpy, lol, however, waiting takes a heck of a lot of patience I don't have. Thank you for any consideration,.

ETA: I'm a realist. I don't expect to buy every pack in any of the games. They may not be my cup of tea. But I think you also don't expect everyone to buy each pack, either. I'm more choosy than that. However, I would at least like to see some of my requests filled before I can pick up the game again. :)
  • "To7m;c-17871071" wrote:
    "Cinebar;d-989399" wrote:
    I'm one of your biggest critics but I'm also one of your biggest fans if the truth was known. I do appreciate all the work you did over the last twenty years to bring games to the masses that were fun, and delightfully diabolical. I have some requests you have yet to fill for TS4 after seven long years of waiting. I don't know why, only you do but if I ever come back to TS4 I want to play these things just like I did in the older games. :'(

1. An attraction system.
    3. Slow dancing.
    5. Editable Neighborhood tools. Even if CAW isn't possible. At least a way to edit and decorate hoods.
    7. Differences seen and known only to teen Sims for the base game no pack needed, please make some differences from other life stages for the teen stage.
    8. Consequences. I don't know if EA won't let you have more dire consequences in the game, but it sorely needs some. TS4 Sims are always happy.
    9. Swimmable waters rather than in one world. Yes, a tough one, but sorely needed. Even if you have to create a giant lake mass players want to place a lake in hoods and have Sims get in them. Maybe that could be a giant object players could place in a world if we ever get a world editor in game.
    10. Please remove restrictions on non editable lots. Without cheats. Open the game to players to be more user friendly,

At the moment I can't think of what else I need to enjoy TS4 more. (Now that you have tried to address traits). But these things are important if you want happy campers. It's been a very long wait for these. If ever. I understand budgets and things are hard and directions and focuses etc. However, these things are enjoyed by millions who play your older games. We would like to be able to enjoy TS4 more than the handful of packs we did buy.

For instance I would have been happy to purchase the paranormal pack if you had made the haunted lot choice a lot trait instead of a particular lot. Because it's my understanding I can't go back like I can in TS2 and rezone a lot to be haunted (such as community or residence like in older games) but would prefer an actual lot trait so I don't have to rebuild some of my lots. Disappointed that wasn't considered when you built that pack or fell by the wayside.

Yes, I get grumpy, lol, however, waiting takes a heck of a lot of patience I don't have. Thank you for any consideration,.

ETA: I'm a realist. I don't expect to buy every pack in any of the games. They may not be my cup of tea. But I think you also don't expect everyone to buy each pack, either. I'm more choosy than that. However, I would at least like to see some of my requests filled before I can pick up the game again. :)

I think we’re a very long way past the point of getting any of this. They’re already talking about Sims 5, they might as well do all of this stuff for that game. What’s the point? TS4 is never going to be the game you or I want, it’s not possible, the game just isn’t made that way, and to add stuff like editing tools is going to require a serious overhaul, and again, why bother? Do it for TS5.

TS4 is a dead horse man, leave it be. They’re going to do what they want regardless, they’ve shown that more than once. We ask for non object babies, cars, hotels, farms and they literally said to us “we are not working on any of that, here is a Star Wars pack” lol. What does that tell you?

—T

The game is 75% off right now so yes, I saw the ad and though I have several packs already over the years, I decided to look at some I don't have. Then thought about the things I actually still want and yes, am probably never going to get. lol I had forgotten about Paranormal pack and watched it's trailer again only to remember the house lot is not a lot trait and I would have to rebuild many of my TS4 lots over again if I got that one.....can't do that, way too much work. So many things that could have expanded players imaginations like in that pack but it's ruined for me by the fact we can't set a haunted house trait so players don't have to spend days building an old creepy mansion. Sigh, I know you are right, but if TS5 is what we think it is, then TS4 is the only hope of ever getting any of this. Last hope for any new things I don't have. Will always have 2 and 3 but I like new shiny, too. lol
  • @Cinebar you don't need to rebuild any lots.

Any house can be a haunted house, even pre-built lots already in your game. The trait is also not tied to any world, meaning these specters can go anywhere you desire. All you need to do is enter build mode and change the lot type to Haunted House Residential. Just make sure you've selected the Haunted House lot type, rather than the Spooky lot trait which simply encourages more ghosts to hang around.

Haunted houses can be a great place to live, especially since you gain reward points for each night you get through. However, they come with a few unique traits that you need to be aware of and understand. Here's everything you need to know about the new Haunted House Residential lot type

The Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff: Everything You Need To Know About Haunted Houses

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegamer.com/the-sims-4-paranormal-stuff-haunted-house-guide/amp/
  • "To7m;c-17871071" wrote:

1. An attraction system.
    3. Slow dancing.

I think we’re a very long way past the point of getting any of this. They’re already talking about Sims 5, they might as well do all of this stuff for that game. What’s the point? TS4 is never going to be the game you or I want, it’s not possible, the game just isn’t made that way, and to add stuff like editing tools is going to require a serious overhaul, and again, why bother? Do it for TS5.

TS4 is a dead horse man, leave it be. They’re going to do what they want regardless, they’ve shown that more than once. We ask for non object babies, cars, hotels, farms and they literally said to us “we are not working on any of that, here is a Star Wars pack” lol. What does that tell you?

—T

Don't forget that they gave us that "vacation anywhere update" where we can.................................... stay in an ordinary house.
    That says it all in regards to hotels. They have nooooooooo interest in making vacationing any different to our day-to-day gameplay.
    OldeSimsFan
    Seasoned Rookie
    Adding tying the screenshots to the households to the list. I know it can be done as it's a big part of TS2 for me and it was in TS1 as well. That would revolutionize story telling in the game. Stories are meant to be written down so they can be shared, not locked away in a player's head.
  • Double down on 5, those shell houses serve no purpose, anyway. Would rather have an actual lot on their spot. Or a tree.
  • "kwanzaabot;c-17874967" wrote:
    "To7m;c-17871071" wrote:

1. An attraction system.
    3. Slow dancing.

—T

Don't forget that they gave us that "vacation anywhere update" where we can.................................... stay in an ordinary house.
    That says it all in regards to hotels. They have nooooooooo interest in making vacationing any different to our day-to-day gameplay.

:/ I didn't know that, bummer.