Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Death stuck in Ocean - Island Living Expansion

So my Sim is trying to befriend Vlad from the Vampire Pack and invited him to a party at his house. One problem. My Sim lives on the 50 by 50 beach lot in Sulani (?) from Island Living and his house consists on one room (where his bed is) and everything else is on a covered pier. The party is at 4pm, Vlad arrives at 4:30 and burns to death on my porcy by 4:35. Death immediately spawns standing knee deep in the ocean and ... proceeds to just stand there. All my party guests are crying over Vlad's body. An hour goes by and Death does not come to collect Vlad. I send everyone home (failed party) thinking everyone is blocking Death, but he just stands there.

Having no idea how to use the 'move Sim' command, I quit the game and restart. I wait a bit longer before starting the party (now 6pm) and invite Vlad. Vlad shows up, immediately catches fire and dies on the beach. Death spawns in the ocean and, again, just stands there. My Sim proceeds to walk up to Death and try to talk with him but I receive the message "Speak not to Death while he is reaping least you be reaped." Umm ... thanks for that warning, game.

Is anyone else having trouble with Death not moving towards dead Sims if he spawns in the ocean?
  • I've heard there is a bug or something involving Grim Reaper and Sulani. If the death takes place in the ocean all is good, but if the death is on land that is a different story, and this only happens in Sulani. There is a bug report at the link you might want to add yours too.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Grim-reaper-doesn-t-appear-in-Sulani/td-p/7964891
  • "LaBlue0314;c-17227045" wrote:
    I've heard there is a bug or something involving Grim Reaper and Sulani. If the death takes place in the ocean all is good, but if the death is on land that is a different story, and this only happens in Sulani. There is a bug report at the link you might want to add yours too.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Grim-reaper-doesn-t-appear-in-Sulani/td-p/7964891

Thank you, LaBlue!