Forum Discussion

GalacticGal
Seasoned Ace
3 years ago

Did He Just Flambe the Pancake?

Flambe is a cooking procedure in which alcohol is added to a hot pan to create a burst of flames. The word means "flamed" in French. I have never seen it used with pancakes, but then again, this is the Sims. And they are very special pixilated people. Weird; crude; funny; simple and yes, 'special'. LOL Oh, how Erik loves to cook. Nice of him to cook up a platter of flamed pancakes for he and his siblings, no?
  • My first thought after fast reading the title, was "Who is setting poor Bob in fire?!?!"
  • I think they can. Which would make sense if they were thin crepe-like pancakes, but it's a stack of the thick ones.
  • "WaytoomanyUIDs;c-18014692" wrote:
    I think they can. Which would make sense if they were thin crepe-like pancakes, but it's a stack of the thick ones.

I know they can! LOL My Sims poured something on the pancake he was cooking and suddenly flames erupted! It startled me is all.
  • "Ellupelluellu;c-18014641" wrote:
    My first thought after fast reading the title, was "Who is setting poor Bob in fire?!?!"

ROFL I can see how that could be interpreted that way. Sorry. I mean the breakfast food.
  • The main reason Sims' cooking skills continually improve is that they all experiment with each dish. If they got good at following the recipes, their skills would probably plateau. Ditto with art, ditto with programming, and so forth.

Let that be a lesson to all of us! If you want to excel, don't just learn to do it right: continually risk doing it wrong!

Don't, however, flambé pancakes.
  • Yeah, flambe-ing a pancake is just plain weird. But then again my Sim reached the lofty height of Global Superstar and he's still a Teen! So, experimentation appears to be his 'middle' name.
  • FlambĂ© seems to be the basic Sim approach to cooking. This is the guy in the neighbourhood who squirts fire-starter fluid on the grill after it's already going and has hamburgers grilling. It's not a meal until someone sets themself on fire.
    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "Ellupelluellu;c-18014641" wrote:
    My first thought after fast reading the title, was "Who is setting poor Bob in fire?!?!"

Eliza of course!
    And after that they had a son called Ciggy. ?