Forum Discussion

BissenNess
Seasoned Hotshot
12 months ago

Eliza Pancakes vs Nina Caliente

So I'm playing the Not So Berry Challenge, Rose Gen. The Rose Heir, Austin Royal, is a corrupt politician with the Hot-Headed, Romantic and Snob personality traits and the Serial Romantic aspiration. Basically, he's a sophisticated elitist who also has a passionate side. He is one gold date away from completing his aspiration. I would kind of like that culminating date to be the person who becomes his life partner down the road, but I need help deciding who that person should be.

He has four current significant others: Eliza Pancakes, Alex Moyer, Sergio Romeo and a San Myshuno townie named Moe. I've ruled out all of them except Eliza. She is a divorced businesswoman with the Materialistic, Neat and Perfectionist traits and the Mansion Baron aspiration. When it comes to elitism, she and Austin are in lock step, but she doesn't really relate to his passionate side. Worth noting, she is not exactly fancy free. Although her ex-husband Bob is well out of the picture, she has a girlfriend named Saffron who's kind of scary.
https://i.postimg.cc/C5DsBBKP/Eliza.png
There's another option, Austin's neighbor Nina Caliente. They had a brief flirtation before Austin decided that romancing your neighbor might not be wise if you like to play the field, especially as a politician with a reputation to maintain. Since then, their romance has fizzled down to zero, although they are still friends. Nina is an entertainer with the hot-headed, romantic and lazy traits and the Chief of Mischief aspiration. She could definitely relate to his passionate side, but not his sophistication. She's more of a down home sort. If she has any serious romantic entanglements, I'm not aware of them.
https://i.postimg.cc/j56jDRb6/Meeting-Nina.png

Who would be the best match for Austin?
  • Eliza! I often get the Pancakes divorced but they still have drama with new relationships. They are always in each other’s lives.

I wonder if you were thinking more of a marriage of convenience if Eliza doesn’t return passion but they both want a big house and fancy stuff? ?
    Jadeleine
    Rising Traveler
    Eliza Pancakes because she would match his intelligence and she would not be so easily fooled, not having romantic side to play with. She would not let him corrupt her and she would not let him run over. He would actually have to provide more to her than some romantic gestures. There are not many redheads, they are actually quite rare amongst the premades. Univercity brings Pleasant sisters, the other twin Lilith being wicked Cleptomanic. She might also be one option and she would let his corruptions slide. They might be some kind of good match to villain together for a while, but Lilith Pleasant doesn´t give very committed vibes. She would stay around for a while and then leave him after getting bored. Angela Pleasant is too sweet for him, she would be heartbroken. He would totally run over Caliente women, even tough they have some power, still they are more opportunists. But...Eliza, she would demand equality and would not allow her feelings to lead her. I give my vote for Eliza if he wants long term partner and a vote for Lilith Pleasant (came with Univercity) if he want passionate romance that has dramatic ending.
    BissenNess
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "ncisGibbs02;c-18317751" wrote:

I wonder if you were thinking more of a marriage of convenience if Eliza doesn’t return passion but they both want a big house and fancy stuff? ?

No, their current relationship is definitely not "of convenience" ;). The difference between Eliza and Austin isn't that she has no capacity for passion. She certainly does. The difference is that, for Austin, passion is one of the ruling motives of this life, whereas, for Eliza it never is. She never loses sight of the bottom line.
  • I don't play premades, but as someone who breezes through the neighborhood from time to time, my Sims have never had any problems with Eliza. It was her Ex, who stirred up pandemonium in one of my saves. I have never forgotten his brash flirting with my young Sims' new bride, either. She had to talk her way out of his ire. Yikes.
    BissenNess
    Seasoned Hotshot
    The votes are in and Eliza will be his future life partner, although it will be awhile before that happens. I definitely want to wait until Austin's son is a teenager. I've changed my mind about the final golden date, though. When I started the three golden date objective, the first date was Eliza and the second was Sergio. Now that I think about it, I'd rather have the third person be someone else, for the sake of variety. So probably Moe.
    "Jadeleine;c-18317766" wrote:
    Eliza Pancakes because she would match his intelligence and she would not be so easily fooled . . .

@Jadeleine Interesting thought. Highlighting Eliza as a good partner because of her intelligence gives me an idea. You see there's another wrinkle to this situation. Austin's mother, Penny, who lives "next door" (multi-family lot), has a pharmaceutical business. Below I have a picture of her with her grandson. Penny is getting on in years. Austin's sister is the artistic type, with no interest in taking on the family business. I was thinking maybe Austin could juggle his political responsibilities with business. On the other hand, if Eliza joins the household, she could leave Dewey, Cheatem and Howe and start a new career as a pharma tycoon. I think she'd be perfect for it.
    https://i.postimg.cc/76XMc47P/Moving-Out.png

• Marry Eliza, have an affair with Nina... but unless you want the drama, have him gift her enough simoleans to put her up in her own place somewhere out of the neighborhood.