Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Different Types of Tea

I usually just have my Sim drink the 'heathy green tea' just because she is obsessed with working out and staying fit. But does anyone have a list of what the different types of tea do for the Sims? Do they do anything at all? lol

Thanks!
  • > @BubbleFettTea said:
    > Calming Chamomile tea makes you inspired.
    > Drink it when you want to paint or write.

I've always found that the calming chamomile doesn't do anything, but my game may be glitching
  • "Hewge;c-12632174" wrote:
    @luthienrising It's a neat touch even if not entirely realistic. I feel whatever the box tells me to in real life, I role-play my tea. Haha.

Well, green tea is known for health. Chamomile can calm you down and help you sleep. I used to drink Earl Grey because I liked the flavor of it, but didn't realize any extra focus qualities. Anytime I was upset over something as a teen, first thing Mom would do is brew up a pot of tea. We'd drink tea until I calmed down and could talk it out. Everybody knows (or should) that when the going gets rough --- your brew up a pot of tea! (That should read steep, as tea isn't normally brewed. But, you must first start with boiling water, unless you're making white tea, then you want it just under boiling range.)
  • "Stormkeep;c-16844946" wrote:
    @galacticGal, you dont' want to boil the water for green tea either. Not even close to boiling. Green tea is best with water in the 150 to 160 F range, and water boils at 212...that's way too hot for green tea.

Oolong also should be brewed a little below boiling.

When bubbles first start to show up, it isn't actually at boiling temp yet though, the little bubbles starting at the top is about green tea temperature.

That's good to know. I learned how to make tea from a woman straight off the boat from Scotland. :) Of course, we mostly drank Black Tea. ;)