Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Dine Out is still the absolute worst

Even after so many updates and patches, Dine Out is still the most infuriating, useless, mess of a game pack ever made for TS4.

Here's one reason of about a thousand: I have a sim I want to hire as chef. He does not have a job already. He is skilled in cooking and mixology. He is not skilled in charisma, fitness, or comedy. Then WHY does my game insist that I hire him as host or waiter, every single time, and never a chef? Oh, he shows up to hire, just never as a chef. Always host and waiter. No matter how many times I reload. I don't want him to be a host or a waiter. I want him to be a chef. He would be a good chef and I want to hire him, specifically him, and not these other six fools who have no skills at all. Always the same six unskilled sims. I don't want them. Why do they never change? Why can't I just walk up to this one sim that I want and offer him a job?

Of course, this is just one of the many things I would love to do with my restaurants that is forbidden for some unexplained reason. I would also love to be a chef in my own restaurant, or have my sim's daughter be the waitress. I would love to hire played neighborhood sims that don't lose their job each time I load their house.

The limitations on the restaurant experience are beyond frustrating. This game pack is the only pack of this whole generation that I have deeply regretted.