Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Distinguished degrees - skill points?

Does anyone know how many skill points one needs to get into distinguished degrees? Or other requirements?

Biology for instance. Could you get into a degree by having high fitness skill points? And does anyone know the requirements for other degrees? I’ve seen some YT videos about University and I’ve noticed if you’re not qualified you’re not able to the majors you want. Is that true?
  • Is there a list yet of the types of skill needed for each distinguished degree? And also which degrees are relevant to each career? I've seen some partial ones but would love the full list so I can plan!
  • "AquaGamer1212;c-17311150" wrote:
    "TinyrazorPlayer;c-17310935" wrote:
    From what I’ve watched, you can still do the majors you want, but just not the distinguished version of the majors.

What’s frustrating though is that you have to go to the other college if you want to do that same major if you don’t get into distinguished ??

On the upside, you can do one or two terms in one college, get the necessary skill up and then transfer :D
  • "darrenfroggy;c-17311222" wrote:
    "AquaGamer1212;c-17311150" wrote:
    From what I’ve watched, you can still do the majors you want, but just not the distinguished version of the majors.

What’s frustrating though is that you have to go to the other college if you want to do that same major if you don’t get into distinguished ??

On the upside, you can do one or two terms in one college, get the necessary skill up and then transfer :D

SimGuru Frost said if you have your sim transfer schools, there's a chance they will lose some credits so keep that in mind.
  • Carls' Sims 4 Guide has a page up now that shows you which skills help you qualify for each degree. It looks like 2-3 points is the minimum, with 4-6 and 8-10 each doubling your chance of qualifying. It looks like if you have 2-3 points in each of the skills that influence your degree you are basically guaranteed to get in. You can also donate money or flaunt your fame to increase your chances, but both of these can fail and backfire.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/discoveruniversity/degrees.php
  • From what I’ve watched, you can still do the majors you want, but just not the distinguished version of the majors.
  • I think I saw one Youtuber say you need between 3 - 5 points in the appropriate skill to be eligible for the distinguished degree. I think that seems like a reasonable amount, as it's right in the middle.
  • "TinyrazorPlayer;c-17310935" wrote:

SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "darrenfroggy;c-17311222" wrote:

That is a fun way to see both universities.
  • "darrenfroggy;c-17311222" wrote:

I heard about that! I don’t know if that’ll work with my storyline but we’ll see.