Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Do you ever feel GUILTY?

Guilty of doing things to your sims or other sims in the game?

So, I hooked up Don Lothario with Penny Pizzazz (had to get him away from those evil Caliente sister) and they have a child together, strictly dating, not living together. I play rotational but they are not in my regular rotation.

One of my regular rotation woman is a Serial Romantic ... I felt GUILTY that she had an affair with Don even though she is good friends with Penny.

Her cousin is a Vet ... went to visit a friend and her friends dog was sick, and I felt GUILTY I could not do anything for the dog. (Am really hoping I see them the next time I play her)

Have you done anything to your Sims that makes you feel a little guilty?
    neylajc
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I drowned my sim's ex-fiance in the pool because he cheated on her and was mean to her family. I felt guilty at first, but then again he's a sim and an asshole one at that, so I got over it quickly
  • "SleepycatDSL;c-17062013" wrote:
    Actually, in TS2, Romance sims may have 'feared' getting married and 'feared' having a baby (other Aspirations occasionally also rolled those fears), they didn't hate being married or hate their kids. ;) I usually found my Romance parents were better parents then my Family parents.

While technically this is more accurate than what I posted earlier, and Don Lothario was an excellent father, I was still making their fears come true and felt kinda bad about it. I don't have that problem in Sims 4 unless the sim hates children or is noncommittal, and honestly I rarely use those traits for that reason. :)
  • I'm the type of person who feels guilty whenever I have to make my Sims do anything mean to anyone else, no matter how small it is!
  • Only when it comes to pregnancies, infants, or toddlers.

I've ended two pregnancies (via mods) and the first took me months to get over. The second took a couple weeks, and to be honest, I still feel like the worst person in the world for ending them.

I had a male get abducted and pregnant, and I feel so guilty about neglecting a infants, when he gave birth, I kept the little green guy, but soon abandoned the whole save cause it was not how I saw their lives play out.

And I had a story idea about twins being separated at birth, one raised middle class, good manners, loving, tight knit family and the other (as sure you can imagine) neglected and unloved. That never made it past creation cause I could let a toddler be raised that way.

I feel bad about children age, but I can just shake off any of their difficulties as "life happens".

And I'll kill a Sim quick if they anger me. But the kiddos... Yep, I'm guilt-ridden mush.
  • Yep... I created two vampire dudes that I normally play together as a couple. Well, one of them happened to meet a girl and they hit it off and they married instead, leaving my other vampire dude the third wheel. What's worse, she had custody of her younger sister and I had to have that girl move in for a week or so until she became a young adult.

Felt so guilty I had the other dude marry her and move out.

But yeah I quit the game soon after because I ruined it
  • Not gonna lie, I have little remorse - mods just make it too easy, lol. Unless it's the kids. No one lays a finger on my kids without karma leaving its nasty calling card, and even then it's for story purposes. I'm on par with @InuMiroLover, the 9 to 5 gets old.
  • Played with Extreme violence mod and made my sim kill his best friend, felt pretty guilty there luckily didn't save lol. Also thought about making Mortimer hook up with my male sim but then I played the Goths and felt kinda guilty for wanting to wreck a close family :/