Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Do you think old survey ideas might ever come into play?

I remember old Sims 4 (or even Sims 3) surveys suggesting really cool stuff like growing pains, town life & farmer's market, amusement parks, reality tv....just stuff that hasn't really been explored in the Sims that much. Do you think it's possible they might entertain these ideas for a future pack? And what is something you wouldn't want them to try? Personally I'm not big on the future themed expansions.
  • "LilMoon;c-17871082" wrote:
    Still waiting for a music pack... I love Get Famous but GF lacks a lot compare to Superstar & Showtime.

Ooh yes, with bands maybe ? Should have come with a previous pack though, they have made us used to paying a ridiculous amount of money for a decent game.
  • "Loanet;c-17867913" wrote:
    "MElleSims;c-17867912" wrote:
    "LeGardePourpre;c-17867835" wrote:
    Everything can happen during the 7 next years.

7 years!? Why do you think the Sims 4 is gonna last that long? I kinda thought it was gonna last 3 years more max.

A ton of people thought it was going to END three years ago.

And I have seen several ideas from previous surveys coming into play, in one way or another.

I guess that's true. I also thought it was gonna end ages ago, but I went with three years because they recently said there's more years to come or something. I just don't know what direction they would go on. They've done a lot of things (some unfortunately not as well as they should have, some pretty cool) and I just can't see how the series would progress unless they implemented the more out there ideas from their surveys.
  • "LeGardePourpre;c-17868164" wrote:
    "Many many years" + 5-year cycles + Pathfinder job in 2021 = Content will be released between 2024 and 2029.

As long as they focus on bringing good fundamental gameplay to the base game of Sims 5 like Sims 3 did and don‘t focus too much on online gameplay and Multiplayer gameplay I’m all for a late release! Sims 5 should be a full single player experience.

But sadly gameplay of Sims 5 will probably be half-baked and they‘re tragically gonna focus the majority of development time on multiplayer stuff, stuff like „the gallery“ and DLC implementation instead of good gameplay for the Sims 5 base game...
  • There was a good survey on Themeparks in TS3 that could still happen in TS4 before it's done. I'm hoping.

The following were mentions

Amusement Park Rides
    Run an Amusement Park or send your sims to one
    An Aquarium Exibit and Zoo
    Carnival Games

This would be a very big pack and would require an expansion pack and probably a 64x64 lot.
    ChadSims2
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "MElleSims;c-17868284" wrote:
    "Bubblegumjonah;c-17868276" wrote:
    I'm still waiting for those fixes to older DLC content that we were polled on, like the additions to aliens and stuff.

Wow there was such a thing!? Man that would be awesome. I swear they do polls on the most amazing things and then the actual content they give us is just not that good.

Yeah it was a pretty good survey I remember checking Dine Out and Get to Work as packs I wanted revisited as both themes had so much potential only to fall flat. How nice it would be if there was something to do in retail besides look at a mannequin and have a Sim chase you down with a tablet.
    SheriSim
    Rising Adventurer
    "catloverplayer;c-17868517" wrote:
    There was a good survey on Themeparks in TS3 that could still happen in TS4 before it's done. I'm hoping.

The following were mentions

Amusement Park Rides
    Run an Amusement Park or send your sims to one
    An Aquarium Exibit and Zoo
    Carnival Games

This would be a very big pack and would require an expansion pack and probably a 64x64 lot.

Yes, after farming and generations, I would certainly be up for something like this. But if we get one, I would like to be able to make our own amusement parks, not like snowy escape where we have to go to one place to use the feature.
  • With the recent shifts in the direction of delivering what the players have been asking for, I have a little more faith in the idea we'll see some of the survey feedbacks in future updates or packs. Personally, I hope they start with improving existing packs, but their workflow pipeline may deign that too hefty to start with.
    SheriSim
    Rising Adventurer
    "FreezerBunnyCowplant;c-17868475" wrote:
    "LeGardePourpre;c-17868164" wrote:
    "Many many years" + 5-year cycles + Pathfinder job in 2021 = Content will be released between 2024 and 2029.

As long as they focus on bringing good fundamental gameplay to the base game of Sims 5 like Sims 3 did and don‘t focus too much on online gameplay and Multiplayer gameplay I’m all for a late release! Sims 5 should be a full single player experience.

But sadly gameplay of Sims 5 will probably be half-baked and they‘re tragically gonna focus the majority of development time on multiplayer stuff, stuff like „the gallery“ and DLC impluementation instead of good gameplay for the Sims 5 base game...

I think it’s going to depend on thre engine they use, and how much they try to establish online playing.