Forum Discussion

kusurusu
Oracle
2 days ago

Does Discovering Mystical Relics (JA) Have Any Effects On Your Sim?

Or is it just the tooltip that changes (i.e. no longer displaying Undiscovered)?

EgonVM
    Seasoned Ace

Relics come in two pieces: top and base. Basic relics (brown ones) usually need to be assembled, golden relics always come pre-assembled.

After a relic is assembled, you need to refine a crystal. You can either do it at an Archaeology table or click on a crystal in your sim's inventory and send it to be refined through the mail. Remember: rarer crystals will have stronger effect on the power the relic contains.

Once you have the crystal, insert it and then your sim can use the relic on themselves or other sims. It can bless or curse sims depending on the base and top. Basic relics will break eventually while golden relics never break.
    In addition, relics can be sacrificed to bypass temple doors, but... it's not worth it.

kusurusu
      Oracle

When assembling a certain relic or the first time tooltip states it's undiscovered. Assemble same relic again (after using it on a sim) and you no longer get said tooltip (with crystal it tells you what it can do instead). Does it have any effect on gameplay (and not just on texts) if your Sim knows in advance what those assembled relics can do? Or is it more like the notebook which contains useful information for the player?

atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran

The assembled relic can have various gameplay effects, I never checked the notebook. Some examples of effects are a random new friend, becoming a temporary skeleton or curse. 

The effects depend on the combination 

• Base: watcher, chaos or death
    • Top: Balampalsoh (Cat), Totecallam (Llama)  or Zazatotl (Bird) 
    • Crystal : common, uncommon or rare 

A list with all effects can be found here. 

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/jungleadventure/relics.php 

kusurusu
      Oracle

I don't mean what those relic combos can do (blessings/curses) but if there's any difference between sims whose combos are labeled Undiscovered and those who've already discovered/used them (beyond some texts)

edit: all I can find in game files is that applying blessing/curse adds combo id to your sim's RelicTracker and that having those ids determines what texts you get when hovering over those combos (if crystal inserted)